Everyone knows that diatomaceous earth and bentonite clay are extremely popular among their respective communities. Despite these substances being used by a lot of people throughout the world, there’s still a lot of mystery behind these products. There’s still a lot that we don’t know about them. Many people still do not understand what these substances are and what it can do for the human body.
People who are familiar with these substances may not understand the difference between diatomaceous earth and bentonite clay. This is why this article exists. After you have read this article, you will be able to have a firm understanding of both of these substances. You will understand the health benefits of Diatomaceous Earth and Bentonite Clay, the consequences, side-effects, and so forth. You will be able to walk to any stranger and be able to educate that person on this topic. Keep on reading and you will not regret it.
Introduction To Diatomaceous Earth (DE)
Many people have misconceptions about DE. They think that it’s some form of soil or dirt that can be found in the ground. There’s some partial truth to that. DE is made of fossilized algae. This algae is collected in lake beds, over the course of a few millennium. People extract the algae from the ground and turn it into a fine powder called Diatomaceous Earth.
There are a variety of ingredients that can be found within DE. The key item that’s within the DE is silica. Silica has been associated with a variety of health benefits. Scientists have confirmed the amazing powers of silica, and its effects on the human body.
Diatomaceous Earth isn’t just Diatomaceous Earth. There’s three kinds of diatomaceous earth: pool, pest, and food. You might have a rough understanding of what these terms mean.
Food is safe for consumption according to the FDA. Humans and animals can eat this stuff with no problem.
Pest DE means that it’s intended for the death of insects. You can use this to eliminate insects that are pestering you. (Nice pun, right?) This type of DE is extremely effective at killing harmful insects that may pose a threat to you. The benefit to using DE, is that it’s a natural substance. It’s better than using standard grade insect killers. Standard grade insect killers, contain all sorts of harmful chemicals that you don’t want to breathe in. The use of pest grade DE is much safer to use in your home, compared to other alternatives out there.
Many companies incorporate additional poisons to the pest grade silica. The idea behind this is to make the product more potent and effective. It’s recommended that you get a product, that doesn’t contain the extra poisons in it. If you purchase a product with the extra poisons, then there really is no point in getting the DE in the first place. Just get a standard grade insect killer and you will be fine. The key selling point to using DE to kill bugs, is that it’s a healthier alternative compared to standard pest killers.
You probably have an understanding of what pool grade diatomaceous earth does. It’s used to clean out and filter your swimming pool. Pool grade DE is extremely unsafe to consume or inhale. You don’t want this anywhere in your mouth or anywhere near your pets. The only purpose of this stuff is to clean out your pool. Gets rid of the harmful bacteria that might be present in your swimming pool.
Always read the labels of your product. There are many cases of people purchasing the wrong grade of DE and suffering the consequences of it. Don’t assume that the DE is food grade, when it’s actually pest grade. People have gotten sick as a result of misreading the labels on the products, or the lack thereof.
What are the health benefits associated with Diatomaceous Earth?
There are many health benefits associated with DE. There was a scientific study conducted in the year 1998, and it found that DE is extremely effective at reducing cholesterol levels within your blood. It’s also great at boosting your metabolic rate. Having an increased metabolism is extremely beneficial for the human body. It allows you to burn more calories, lose weight, think faster on your feet, and so much more.
It’s as if your body got a better CPU. That’s simply due to the power of DE. There are many other reported benefits of DE. Hundreds of thousands of people took the leap of faith and decided to take DE for their benefit. They were able to report all sorts of benefits that scientific research hasn’t been able to confirm yet. Yet, if many people are saying that it’s true – there’s a big chance that it might be true. You just have to try it yourself, in order to see if the hype is real.
DE is an effective supplement and detox for the human body
The reason why DE is an effective supplement is that there is more silica added to the body. Doing this allows your body to assist your digestive system, to digest the things that need to be digested. Your digestive system, sometime doesn’t run within full capacity. The DE boosts your digestive system and allows the system to do its job more effectively.
Heavy metals that can be present in your body, are absorbed through the power of silica. Silica can easily absorb all the nasty stuff within your body. Many people that have taken silica, have reported feeling great and cleaner. They lead healthier lives and coincidentally have good trips to the doctor.
One thing that DE excels at, is that it cleans the body better than bentonite clay. DE is extremely effective at providing deep cleansing to the body. This means all the toxins and poisons will be flushed out more thoroughly and deeply.
This is why people who take DE, report having more energy, increased mood, losing weight, feeling great, increased reflexes, better memory, clarity of thought, and so much more.
The side-effects of diatomaceous earth is the fact that it’s extremely potent. It’s unlike any other substance that you might take. People experience symptoms that are similar to the flu or cold, when first taking DE.
It’s recommended to take a teaspoon of DE in liquid form. You then want to increase your dose daily. You want to make sure that you don’t feel any adverse effects taking the DE. The reason for this is because your body is within the process of flushing out all the bad stuff in your body.
It’s important to remember that these symptoms are natural and they are temporary. Keep on taking the DE, and the symptoms should disappear within a few days. If the symptoms still remain, then that’s a sign of reducing your DE dosage. It’s a good indicator that perhaps you are taking too much of it at once. Maybe your body isn’t as used to the DE. It’s a good idea to reduce the dosage in order to better adjust to the DE.
The estimated time of being adjusted to diatomaceous earth is several weeks and in some cases months. Everyone’s bodies are different. Everyone will react differently to the same substance. Just test it out and you will automatically know what to do.
DE can be used for day to day tasks and will allow you to live a healthier and more natural lifestyle
The reason why many people decide to add DE into their lifestyle, is simply because of the many practical uses of this amazing ingredient. It has a wide range of industrial applications. You can use it as a soap, facial cleansing, brushing your teeth, deodorant, preservative to store foods, pest control, clean your swimming pool, and so much more. There are a wide range of benefits to the use of diatomaceous earth and it’s only a matter of time before you find something that you can use it for.
A lot of your day to day tasks can be replaced through the magic of DE. The number one benefit to using DE is that you will be secure in your knowledge that what you are using is natural and safe. There’s a lot of processed stuff out there. Now, when you read the product label – you don’t even understand what they are anymore!
That’s a sign of the decay of the food industry. In the pursuit of profits, they use esoteric ingredients that no one has heard about. In some cases, some of these ingredients are used for industrial purposes – and definitely not safe for consumption. How would you feel if you knew that a particular ingredient was used in rat traps, and now it’s in your food? Makes you feel uneasy right? The truth is that people no longer know what their foods are.
In the good old days, people would understand what their food was. Simple things like: vitamin K, vitamin E, vitamin A, vitamin B, sugar, zinc, iron, and so forth. You understood these things intuitively. But now there are ingredients where it’s just a bunch of chemicals. Butylated Hydroxytoluene. Do you even understand what this name even means? What about the purposes and applications? I sure as hell don’t.
The truth is that there a wide range of ingredients that are extremely harmful, that’s being put into your food and day to day products. These ingredients are extremely harmful, but most people don’t understand that these dangerous ingredients are present in the stuff that they use. This is why it’s better to move on to things that you understand. Better to go for the simpler things. DE is easy and simple to understand. You really can’t understand what’s inside your soap or toothbrush.
What is Bentonite Clay and what can I use it for?
Bentonite Clay is somewhat similar to diatomaceous earth. Why? Because it’s a type of clay that can be found within the ground. Bentonite clay also has a wide range of vitamins and minerals that can be found inside.
The primary component of bentonite clay is montmorillonite. Montmorillonite originates from volcanos. You know how ash is produced when there’s a volcanic eruption? That’s the primary component of bentonite clay. Miners find the clay and turn it into a powder that can be used by humans.
There’s two different types of bentonite clay that is available. There’s one that is safe for consumption and the other being industrial purposes.
Naturally, you should know that consuming the industrial grade bentonite is extremely dangerous. Stick to the food grade bentonite and you will be fine.
Bentonite clay has a lot of similar uses that DE has. What’s unique about bentonite clay is that it can be used for first aid. If you have a minor burn, cuts, or bruises – the clay can be used to treat those problems that you have. The clay also excels at making your skin smoother and gets rid of acne. That’s where this substance really shines.
Other than that, you can use the clay to detox your body from nasty chemicals. You will be able to use it as a soap, shampoo, toothpaste, and plenty of other purposes. The only reason why you would want to use bentonite clay is due to the healing properties and its positive effects on the skin.
DE is slightly cheaper compared to bentonite clay. If price is something that you care about – get the DE. If you don’t care, then just look at what both of these substance can do for you and choose the one that can help you out.
Diatomaceous Earth vs Bentonite Clay Conclusion
You should now know the differences between bentonite clay and diatomaceous earth. After reading this article, you are now better informed about these two ingredients. You will now be able to make an educated decision on whether you should incorporate these substances into your life. Hopefully, you will be able to make a decision that is ideal for you.
Diatomaceous Earth Information Guide:
We have a wide variety of food grade diatomaceous earth resources for you look through to make your life a little easier and chemical-free. Please check out the other valuable resources and versatile application uses for silica-rich diatomaceous earth below:
- Diatomaceous Earth Supplementation
- Truth About D.E. Food Grade Silica Supplements
- Diatomaceous Clean Up Tips
- Diatomaceous For Hair Loss
- Diatomaceous Safety Risks
- What Is Diatomaceous Earth?
- Diatomaceous Bed Bug Control
- Diatomaceous Fleas Removal
- Diatomaceous For Chicken Mites
- Diatomaceous Toothpaste Enhancement
- Diatomaceous Environmental Uses
- Diatomaceous Bed Bug Removal
- Diatomaceous Dog Flea Treatment
- Diatomaceous Earth Cleanse
- Diatomaceous Cat Health Benefits
- Diatomaceous Rodent Deterrent
- Diatomaceous Health Safety Risk Warnings
- Diatomaceous Human Health Benefits
- Diatomaceous Cat Flea Treatment
- Diatomaceous Application Tips
- Diatomaceous Beginner's Guide
- Diatomaceous Weight Loss Detox
- Diatomaceous Dog Health Benefits
- Diatomaceous Rapid Roach Removal
- Diatomaceous Earth Ant Removal
- Diatomaceous And Bentonite Clay
- Diatomaceous Earth For Hair, Skin & Nails
- Diatomaceous Organic Exfoliation Skincare
- Diatomaceous Nutritional Smoothie Enhancer
- Diatomaceous Natural Ant Hill Treatment
- Diatomaceous Home Tick Removal Treatment
- Diatomaceous Organic Scorpion Killer
- Diatomaceous Earth, Honey, Coconut Oil Cocktail
- Diatomaceous Earth Safety Precautions
- Natural Diatomaceous Home Spider Removal Treatment
- Diatomaceous For Home Gnats Removal
- How To Use Diatomaceous Earth Powder
- Diatomaceous Natural Flea Removal Treatment
- Diatomaceous Home Bugs & Insects Defense
- Diatomaceous Earth Food Storage Tips
- Where To Find Diatomaceous Earth Online
- Diatomaceous Natural Kitty Litter Odor Control
- What Is Diatomaceous Earth?
- Diatomaceous Organic Fly Repellent
- Diatomaceous Dog Ticks Treatment
- Diatomaceous Carpet Deodorizing Treatment
- Diatomaceous Wasps Hornets Treatment
- Diatomaceous Earth Natural Deodorant
- Diatomaceous Earth Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS)
- Diatomaceous Home Termite Removal Treatment
- Diatomaceous Natural Aphid Control
- Diatomaceous Natural Cleaning Products
- Diatomaceous Natural Slug Control
- Diatomaceous Organic Feline Tick Control
- Diatomaceous Earth Organic Backyard Tick Control
- Diatomaceous Earth Ant Trail Preventing Tips
- Diatomaceous Chemical Free Home Cleaning Tips
- Best Time Of The Day To Use/Take Food Grade Diatomaceous
- Diatomaceous Gilmour Duster
- Diatomaceous Horse Feed Additive Benefits
- Diatomaceous Earth In Homemade Essential Oil Soaps
- Diatomaceous Earth Home Use Tips
- Diatomaceous Hog Pig Feed Benefits
- Diatomaceous Essential Oil Aromatherapy
- Diatomaceous Chicken & Turkey Feed Additive Benefits
- Silica Supplements Guide
- Silica Mineral Benefits For Hair
- Silica Mineral Benefits For Skincare Health
- Silica Mineral Benefits For Nails
- Silica Mineral Benefits For Teeth & Gum Health
- Silica Water
- Bamboo Extract
- Orthosilicic Acid (Organic Silica)
- Diatomaceous Earth DIY Bath Bombs
- Diatomaceous Earth Squeeze Duster
- Diatomaceous Earth All Purpose Cleaner
- Diatomaceous Earth Drying Flowers
- Diatomaceous Earth Pumpkin Preservation
- Diatomaceous Earth Homemade Body Butter Bars
- Diatomaceous Earth For Cleaning Grease & Oil Spills
- Diatomaceous Earth Bee Care Without Harming
- Diatomaceous Earth Cattle Feed Additive Benefits
- Diatomaceous Earth For Winter Garden Preparation
- Diatomaceous Earth Bed Bug Hotel Traveling Tips
- Diatomaceous Earth For Snakes & Slugs Defense
- Diatomaceous Earth For Polishing Copper Pots & Pans
- Diatomaceous Earth Silverware Tarnishing Protection
- Diatomaceous Earth Elk Feed Additive Benefits
- Diatomaceous Earth Geese Feed Additive Benefits
- Diatomaceous Earth Bison Feed Additive Benefits
- Diatomaceous Earth Sheep Feed Additive Benefits
- Diatomaceous Earth Duck Feed Additive Benefits
- Diatomaceous Earth For Deodorizing Your Shoes
- Diatomaceous Earth For Deodorizing Your Trash Can
- Going Green With Diatomaceous Earth
Please reach out regarding any information above. In the future, more share-worthy useful enhancements, experiences and effects of diatomaceous earth will be added as the benefits continue to pile up. Always welcome for more insight and awareness, click the button to see the most recommended beautifully blended product that combines both high quality food grade diatomaceous earth powder and pure organic silica together in one formula.