Bath bombs are a luxurious way to enhance your bath experience. Used to add essential oils, exfoliating agents, detoxification ingredients and nourishing elements to a bath, bath bombs are great for home use or as gifts.
Making your own bath bombs at home is easy and fun, and can be enhanced by adding diatomaceous earth and essential oils for a relaxing and detoxifying health boost.
In this article, we’ll provide a recipe for a nourishing and stress-reducing bath bomb that harnesses the healing power of essential oils and the exfoliating qualities of diatomaceous earth.
What You’ll Need
- ¼ Cup Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth
- ¼ Cup Epsom Salt
- ½ Cup Citric Acid
- ½ Cup Cornstarch
- 1 Cup Baking Soda
- 2 Teaspoons Essential Oil
- 2 Teaspoons Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
- ¾ Tablespoon Water
- 3-4 Drops of Food Coloring
- Rubber Gloves
- Mixing Bowl
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Spray Bottle
- Bath Bomb Mold (Cookie cutters or cupcake trays will work in a pinch)
Step 1: Mix Dry Ingredients
Begin by creating a dry mix before combining all of the ingredients. Add citric acid, corn starch, diatomaceous earth and baking soda in a mixing bowl and whisk. Ensure that none of the ingredients clump together and all are evenly distributed.
Step 2: Mix Wet Ingredients
Before mixing the wet ingredients, you’ll need to heat the coconut oil slightly so it’s easier to mix. Combine the essential oil, olive oil, coconut oil, food coloring and water into the spray bottle and shake vigorously.
Step 3: Combine Ingredients
With the dry ingredients in the mixing bowl, begin stirring and add the wet ingredient mix in short sprays from the spray bottle. Citric acid and baking soda will react if mixed in large amounts, so by adding the mixed solution in small amounts and stirring thoroughly, you’ll prevent this reaction from occurring.
Once the combination of ingredients has achieved a consistency similar to wet sand, your mix should be ready. The resulting mixture should be easily shaped by hand.
If you find the ingredient isn’t wet enough after adding all of the wet ingredient mix, add a little more water and food coloring to the spray bottle and continue to spray and stir until the desired consistency is achieved.
Step 4: Mold the Bath Bomb Mixture
Now you’ve created the right consistency for bath bombs, you’ll need to mold the paste before drying. Getting creative with this step can result in the creation of excellent gifts for friends and family.
For an added luxuriant touch, consider adding rose petals to the inside of the mold you’ve chosen before adding the bath bomb mixture. The petals will adhere to the outside of the bomb and spread throughout the bath when used.
Bonus tip: plastic Christmas ornaments or baubles make great molds for bath bombs. Using scissors, carefully cut a plastic Christmas bauble in half and add bath bomb mixture to both halves.
Lather each side with a small amount of cornstarch and water as glue, then place them together, using tape to keep them in place. The bath bomb mixture inside will dry faster if you make several small holes in either side of the bauble.
Step 5: Dry Bath Bombs
Once you’ve placed the bath bomb mixture in molds, you’ll need to let them dry for 24 hours. Place them in a warm, dry place and leave them. After drying, tap the outside of the mold to separate them- don’t use water for this step as it will activate the bath bombs. Remove the dried bath bombs from the mold and wrap them in plastic wrap to preserve them.
If you’re making bath bombs as a gift, consider wrapping the finished bombs in cellophane and tying off with ribbon. To use, simply unwrap and add to a hot bath, and enjoy.
Diatomaceous Earth Information Guide:
We have a wide variety of food grade diatomaceous earth resources for you look through to make your life a little easier and chemical-free. Please check out the other valuable resources and versatile application uses for silica-rich diatomaceous earth below:
- Diatomaceous Earth Supplementation
- Truth About D.E. Food Grade Silica Supplements
- Diatomaceous Clean Up Tips
- Diatomaceous For Hair Loss
- Diatomaceous Safety Risks
- What Is Diatomaceous Earth?
- Diatomaceous Bed Bug Control
- Diatomaceous Fleas Removal
- Diatomaceous For Chicken Mites
- Diatomaceous Toothpaste Enhancement
- Diatomaceous Environmental Uses
- Diatomaceous Bed Bug Removal
- Diatomaceous Dog Flea Treatment
- Diatomaceous Earth Cleanse
- Diatomaceous Cat Health Benefits
- Diatomaceous Rodent Deterrent
- Diatomaceous Health Safety Risk Warnings
- Diatomaceous Human Health Benefits
- Diatomaceous Cat Flea Treatment
- Diatomaceous Application Tips
- Diatomaceous Beginner's Guide
- Diatomaceous Weight Loss Detox
- Diatomaceous Dog Health Benefits
- Diatomaceous Rapid Roach Removal
- Diatomaceous Earth Ant Removal
- Diatomaceous And Bentonite Clay
- Diatomaceous Earth For Hair, Skin & Nails
- Diatomaceous Organic Exfoliation Skincare
- Diatomaceous Nutritional Smoothie Enhancer
- Diatomaceous Natural Ant Hill Treatment
- Diatomaceous Home Tick Removal Treatment
- Diatomaceous Organic Scorpion Killer
- Diatomaceous Earth, Honey, Coconut Oil Cocktail
- Diatomaceous Earth Safety Precautions
- Natural Diatomaceous Home Spider Removal Treatment
- Diatomaceous For Home Gnats Removal
- How To Use Diatomaceous Earth Powder
- Diatomaceous Natural Flea Removal Treatment
- Diatomaceous Home Bugs & Insects Defense
- Diatomaceous Earth Food Storage Tips
- Where To Find Diatomaceous Earth Online
- Diatomaceous Natural Kitty Litter Odor Control
- Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth Versus Regular D.E.?
- Diatomaceous Organic Fly Repellent
- Diatomaceous Dog Ticks Treatment
- Diatomaceous Carpet Deodorizing Treatment
- Diatomaceous Wasps Hornets Treatment
- Diatomaceous Earth Natural Deodorant
- Diatomaceous Earth Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS)
- Diatomaceous Home Termite Removal Treatment
- Diatomaceous Natural Aphid Control
- Diatomaceous Natural Cleaning Products
- Diatomaceous Natural Slug Control
- Diatomaceous Organic Feline Tick Control
- Diatomaceous Earth Organic Backyard Tick Control
- Diatomaceous Earth Ant Trail Preventing Tips
- Diatomaceous Chemical Free Home Cleaning Tips
- Best Time Of The Day To Use/Take Food Grade Diatomaceous
- Diatomaceous Gilmour Duster
- Diatomaceous Horse Feed Additive Benefits
- Diatomaceous Earth In Homemade Essential Oil Soaps
- Diatomaceous Earth Home Use Tips
- Diatomaceous Hog Pig Feed Benefits
- Diatomaceous Essential Oil Aromatherapy
- Diatomaceous Chicken & Turkey Feed Additive Benefits
- Silica Supplements Guide
- Silica Mineral Benefits For Hair
- Silica Mineral Benefits For Skincare Health
- Silica Mineral Benefits For Nails
- Silica Mineral Benefits For Teeth & Gum Health
- Silica Water
- Bamboo Extract
- Orthosilicic Acid (Organic Silica)
- Diatomaceous Earth DIY Bath Bombs
- Diatomaceous Earth Squeeze Duster
- Diatomaceous Earth All Purpose Cleaner
- Diatomaceous Earth Drying Flowers
- Diatomaceous Earth Pumpkin Preservation
- Diatomaceous Earth Homemade Body Butter Bars
- Diatomaceous Earth For Cleaning Grease & Oil Spills
- Diatomaceous Earth Bee Care Without Harming
- Diatomaceous Earth Cattle Feed Additive Benefits
- Diatomaceous Earth For Winter Garden Preparation
- Diatomaceous Earth Bed Bug Hotel Traveling Tips
- Diatomaceous Earth For Snakes & Slugs Defense
- Diatomaceous Earth For Polishing Copper Pots & Pans
- Diatomaceous Earth Silverware Tarnishing Protection
- Diatomaceous Earth Elk Feed Additive Benefits
- Diatomaceous Earth Geese Feed Additive Benefits
- Diatomaceous Earth Bison Feed Additive Benefits
- Diatomaceous Earth Sheep Feed Additive Benefits
- Diatomaceous Earth Duck Feed Additive Benefits
- Diatomaceous Earth For Deodorizing Your Shoes
- Diatomaceous Earth For Deodorizing Your Trash Can
- Going Green With Diatomaceous Earth
Please reach out regarding any information above. In the future, more share-worthy useful enhancements, experiences and effects of diatomaceous earth will be added as the benefits continue to pile up. Always welcome for more insight and awareness, click the button to see the most recommended beautifully blended product that combines both high quality food grade diatomaceous earth powder and pure organic silica together in one formula.