The abrasive properties of diatomaceous earth, or DE, make it great for many cleaning tasks in the home. What many diatomaceous earth users are unaware of, however, is the fact that it can be used to enhance the effectiveness of toothpaste and even act as a tooth whitening agent.
Many kinds of toothpaste available on the market today contain silica to improve the abrasiveness of the toothpaste- this is what gives toothpaste a gritty texture. Diatomaceous earth is 85% silica, making it a great addition to any toothpaste to increase its effectiveness.
How Does Diatomaceous Earth Whiten Teeth?
One of the primary causes of teeth discoloration or teeth yellowing is a buildup of plaque and tartar. Plaque builds up over poorly maintained teeth and is discolored by tannins in beverages like coffee or cola, to by the tar in cigarettes. In extreme cases, the plaque can even be colonized by bacteria, causing extreme discoloration.
While this method of teeth whitening is extremely effective, be sure to use diatomaceous earth as a teeth whitening agent only when mixed with toothpaste, and sparingly.
Excessive use of diatomaceous earth as a teeth whitening agent can strip away the protective layer of enamel, revealing the brown raw dentin beneath and causing teeth to eventually crumble.
Adding Diatomaceous Earth to Your Toothpaste: a Step By Step Guide
To add diatomaceous earth to your dental regime or use it as a teeth whitening solution, follow these simple steps:
- Add your preferred brand of toothpaste to a small container
- Add diatomaceous earth to your toothpaste. The ideal ratio is 1 part DE to 9 parts toothpaste. Be sure to use food grade diatomaceous earth for this purpose.
- Mix well and use as toothpaste to brush your teeth.
- Seal the container so your new DE enhanced toothpaste doesn’t dry out.
If you’d like to take organic and holistic living to the next level, it’s possible to make your own homemade toothpaste with essential oils and diatomaceous earth.
This has the added benefit of removing fluoride from your daily environment, which is a controversial chemical that may calcify regions of your brain or even act as a carcinogenic agent.
Overall diatomaceous earth is a great way to both improve dental hygiene or whiten teeth without dangerous chemicals.
Diatomaceous Earth Information Guide:
We have a wide variety of food grade diatomaceous earth resources for you look through to make your life a little easier and chemical-free. Please check out the other valuable resources and versatile application uses for silica-rich diatomaceous earth below:
- Diatomaceous Earth Supplementation
- Truth About D.E. Food Grade Silica Supplements
- Diatomaceous Clean Up Tips
- Diatomaceous For Hair Loss
- Diatomaceous Safety Risks
- What Is Diatomaceous Earth?
- Diatomaceous Bed Bug Control
- Diatomaceous Fleas Removal
- Diatomaceous For Chicken Mites
- Diatomaceous Toothpaste Enhancement
- Diatomaceous Environmental Uses
- Diatomaceous Bed Bug Removal
- Diatomaceous Dog Flea Treatment
- Diatomaceous Earth Cleanse
- Diatomaceous Cat Health Benefits
- Diatomaceous Rodent Deterrent
- Diatomaceous Health Safety Risk Warnings
- Diatomaceous Human Health Benefits
- Diatomaceous Cat Flea Treatment
- Diatomaceous Application Tips
- Diatomaceous Beginner's Guide
- Diatomaceous Weight Loss Detox
- Diatomaceous Dog Health Benefits
- Diatomaceous Rapid Roach Removal
- Diatomaceous Earth Ant Removal
- Diatomaceous And Bentonite Clay
- Diatomaceous Earth For Hair, Skin & Nails
- Diatomaceous Organic Exfoliation Skincare
- Diatomaceous Nutritional Smoothie Enhancer
- Diatomaceous Natural Ant Hill Treatment
- Diatomaceous Home Tick Removal Treatment
- Diatomaceous Organic Scorpion Killer
- Diatomaceous Earth, Honey, Coconut Oil Cocktail
- Diatomaceous Earth Safety Precautions
- Natural Diatomaceous Home Spider Removal Treatment
- Diatomaceous For Home Gnats Removal
- How To Use Diatomaceous Earth Powder
- Diatomaceous Natural Flea Removal Treatment
- Diatomaceous Home Bugs & Insects Defense
- Diatomaceous Earth Food Storage Tips
- Where To Find Diatomaceous Earth Online
- Diatomaceous Natural Kitty Litter Odor Control
- What Is Diatomaceous Earth?
- Diatomaceous Organic Fly Repellent
- Diatomaceous Dog Ticks Treatment
- Diatomaceous Carpet Deodorizing Treatment
- Diatomaceous Wasps Hornets Treatment
- Diatomaceous Earth Natural Deodorant
- Diatomaceous Earth Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS)
- Diatomaceous Home Termite Removal Treatment
- Diatomaceous Natural Aphid Control
- Diatomaceous Natural Cleaning Products
- Diatomaceous Natural Slug Control
- Diatomaceous Organic Feline Tick Control
- Diatomaceous Earth Organic Backyard Tick Control
- Diatomaceous Earth Ant Trail Preventing Tips
- Diatomaceous Chemical Free Home Cleaning Tips
- Best Time Of The Day To Use/Take Food Grade Diatomaceous
- Diatomaceous Gilmour Duster
- Diatomaceous Horse Feed Additive Benefits
- Diatomaceous Earth In Homemade Essential Oil Soaps
- Diatomaceous Earth Home Use Tips
- Diatomaceous Hog Pig Feed Benefits
- Diatomaceous Essential Oil Aromatherapy
- Diatomaceous Chicken & Turkey Feed Additive Benefits
- Silica Supplements Guide
- Silica Mineral Benefits For Hair
- Silica Mineral Benefits For Skincare Health
- Silica Mineral Benefits For Nails
- Silica Mineral Benefits For Teeth & Gum Health
- Silica Water
- Bamboo Extract
- Orthosilicic Acid (Organic Silica)
- Diatomaceous Earth DIY Bath Bombs
- Diatomaceous Earth Squeeze Duster
- Diatomaceous Earth All Purpose Cleaner
- Diatomaceous Earth Drying Flowers
- Diatomaceous Earth Pumpkin Preservation
- Diatomaceous Earth Homemade Body Butter Bars
- Diatomaceous Earth For Cleaning Grease & Oil Spills
Please reach out regarding any information above. In the future, more share-worthy useful enhancements, experiences and effects of diatomaceous earth will be added as the benefits continue to pile up. Always welcome for more insight and awareness, click the button to see the most recommended beautifully blended product that combines both high quality food grade diatomaceous earth powder and pure organic silica together in one formula.