The benefits of diatomaceous earth aren’t limited to just saving money and promoting long term health. One of the major advantages offered by diatomaceous earth over traditional chemical solutions is a significant impact in reducing your environmental footprint.
By replacing many of the substances used in your home that contain powerful chemicals such as insecticide and cleaning products, you’re minimizing the flow of these substances and preventing them from eventually reaching the environment.
Diatomaceous Earth Helps Minimize Insecticide & Pesticide Use
Over one billion pounds of insecticide and pesticide are used every year in the United States alone. Pesticide usage to kill the unwanted organisms that interfere with crops and agricultural processes has become normalized in modern society, even though these powerful chemicals have a run-on effect that disrupts the entire ecosystem of an area.
Pesticide and insecticide chemicals have become a part of the air we breathe, the water we drink and the food we eat. In addition to the extremely negative effect of pesticide and insecticide agents on the environment, these substances have a seriously detrimental effect on human health.
Pesticide residue on vegetables has been linked to ADHD development in young children and has been linked to adverse effects on health such as cancer, respiratory illness, reproductive dysfunction and immune system disorders.
Part of the reason for the prevalence of pesticide usage in the agricultural industry can be linked to the high profit margins of the pesticide and insecticide industry. Projections show that the agricultural pesticide industry is predicted to be worth between 80 and 250 billion dollars annually by 2020, making it one of the most profitable industries in the world.
The free market economy of many of the countries that contribute most to environmental pollution allows lobby groups to influence policy and legislation decisions, providing an avenue of escape for major pesticide and insecticide producers, which allows them to continue literally poisoning the planet.
More than 55% of the insecticide and pesticide market creates products that are designed solely to exterminate insects that possess exoskeletons, such as lice, bed bugs, silverfish, aphids and cockroaches.
These organisms can all be effectively and quickly dealt with using pest control grade diatomaceous earth, which offers a viable and extremely efficient alternative to dangerous chemical pesticides.
By switching from chemical pesticides and insecticides to diatomaceous earth it’s possible to dramatically reduce the overall damage you inflict upon the environment.
Diatomaceous Earth Can Replace Many Soap Products
Diatomaceous earth also makes a great cleaning solution. By creating a simple 1:8 ratio of water and diatomaceous earth, it’s possible to make a highly effective cleaning paste that uses the abrasive properties of silica to simultaneously clean and polish any surface. Diatomaceous earth can be used as a floor cleaner, dishwashing paste, bathroom cleaner, silverware polish and much more.
Many of the cleaning products available on the market today contain sodium lauryl sulfate. This potent cleaning chemical is in all cleaning products, from hand washes and shampoo to high powdered floor cleaners.
Also known as SLS, this dangerously powerful cleaning agent is a known skin irritant, emits toxic fumes when heated, pollutes groundwater, permeates and builds up in the tissues of the body and has extremely corrosive properties.
An interesting exercise to determine your environmental impact is to browse the various cleaning products of your home to determine which of them contain sodium lauryl sulfate.
You may be surprised at how prevalent this toxic chemical is in your home. By switching to diatomaceous earth, you’re not only protecting the environment but making an informed decision to promote and sustain the long term health of you and your family.
Other Environmental Applications of Diatomaceous Earth
Aside from the above uses, diatomaceous earth has a number of other uses that can positively contribute to the environment. Diatomaceous earth mixed with essential oils such as peppermint or lemon essence functions as a humane and non-toxic rodent repellent, while the high mineral content of DE can provide a great fertilizer for your garden. If you’re interested in living a healthy, holistic and environmentally conscious lifestyle, switching to diatomaceous earth can make a huge difference.
Diatomaceous Earth Information Guide:
We have a wide variety of food grade diatomaceous earth resources for you look through to make your life a little easier and chemical-free. Please check out the other valuable resources and versatile application uses for silica-rich diatomaceous earth below:
- Diatomaceous Earth Supplementation
- Truth About D.E. Food Grade Silica Supplements
- Diatomaceous Clean Up Tips
- Diatomaceous For Hair Loss
- Diatomaceous Safety Risks
- What Is Diatomaceous Earth?
- Diatomaceous Bed Bug Control
- Diatomaceous Fleas Removal
- Diatomaceous For Chicken Mites
- Diatomaceous Toothpaste Enhancement
- Diatomaceous Environmental Uses
- Diatomaceous Bed Bug Removal
- Diatomaceous Dog Flea Treatment
- Diatomaceous Earth Cleanse
- Diatomaceous Cat Health Benefits
- Diatomaceous Rodent Deterrent
- Diatomaceous Health Safety Risk Warnings
- Diatomaceous Human Health Benefits
- Diatomaceous Cat Flea Treatment
- Diatomaceous Application Tips
- Diatomaceous Beginner's Guide
- Diatomaceous Weight Loss Detox
- Diatomaceous Dog Health Benefits
- Diatomaceous Rapid Roach Removal
- Diatomaceous Earth Ant Removal
- Diatomaceous And Bentonite Clay
- Diatomaceous Earth For Hair, Skin & Nails
- Diatomaceous Organic Exfoliation Skincare
- Diatomaceous Nutritional Smoothie Enhancer
- Diatomaceous Natural Ant Hill Treatment
- Diatomaceous Home Tick Removal Treatment
- Diatomaceous Organic Scorpion Killer
- Diatomaceous Earth, Honey, Coconut Oil Cocktail
- Diatomaceous Earth Safety Precautions
- Natural Diatomaceous Home Spider Removal Treatment
- Diatomaceous For Home Gnats Removal
- How To Use Diatomaceous Earth Powder
- Diatomaceous Natural Flea Removal Treatment
- Diatomaceous Home Bugs & Insects Defense
- Diatomaceous Earth Food Storage Tips
- Where To Find Diatomaceous Earth Online
- Diatomaceous Natural Kitty Litter Odor Control
- What Is Diatomaceous Earth?
- Diatomaceous Organic Fly Repellent
- Diatomaceous Dog Ticks Treatment
- Diatomaceous Carpet Deodorizing Treatment
- Diatomaceous Wasps Hornets Treatment
- Diatomaceous Earth Natural Deodorant
- Diatomaceous Earth Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS)
- Diatomaceous Home Termite Removal Treatment
- Diatomaceous Natural Aphid Control
- Diatomaceous Natural Cleaning Products
- Diatomaceous Natural Slug Control
- Diatomaceous Organic Feline Tick Control
- Diatomaceous Earth Organic Backyard Tick Control
- Diatomaceous Earth Ant Trail Preventing Tips
- Diatomaceous Chemical Free Home Cleaning Tips
- Best Time Of The Day To Use/Take Food Grade Diatomaceous
- Diatomaceous Gilmour Duster
- Diatomaceous Horse Feed Additive Benefits
- Diatomaceous Earth In Homemade Essential Oil Soaps
- Diatomaceous Earth Home Use Tips
- Diatomaceous Hog Pig Feed Benefits
- Diatomaceous Essential Oil Aromatherapy
- Diatomaceous Chicken & Turkey Feed Additive Benefits
- Silica Supplements Guide
- Silica Mineral Benefits For Hair
- Silica Mineral Benefits For Skincare Health
- Silica Mineral Benefits For Nails
- Silica Mineral Benefits For Teeth & Gum Health
- Silica Water
- Bamboo Extract
- Orthosilicic Acid (Organic Silica)
- Diatomaceous Earth DIY Bath Bombs
- Diatomaceous Earth Squeeze Duster
- Diatomaceous Earth All Purpose Cleaner
- Diatomaceous Earth Drying Flowers
- Diatomaceous Earth Pumpkin Preservation
- Diatomaceous Earth Homemade Body Butter Bars
- Diatomaceous Earth For Cleaning Grease & Oil Spills
Please reach out regarding any information above. In the future, more share-worthy useful enhancements, experiences and effects of diatomaceous earth will be added as the benefits continue to pile up. Always welcome for more insight and awareness, click the button to see the most recommended beautifully blended product that combines both high quality food grade diatomaceous earth powder and pure organic silica together in one formula.