Haircare brand Just For Men just launched a new product called Control GX that promises to gradually and permanently reduce your grey hair. Here’s our Control GX review.
What is Control GX?
Control GX is a new type of shampoo that works differently from other haircare products on the market today. Instead of instantly flipping your hair from grey to your natural hair color, Control GX gradually reduces the grey over time to provide subtle, permanent, natural-looking results.
In a press release, Just For Men called their product a “smart shampoo”.
Another neat feature of Control GX is that it doesn’t require any additional steps in someone’s current routine. It’s just a shampoo you use instead of your ordinary shampoo for a couple of weeks.
Over those weeks, the formula will gradually reduce your grey. You stop using the shampoo when you’re satisfied about the amount of grey in your hair.
In other words, it’s hair dye for men who don’t like using hair dye – but are still sensitive about their grey hair.
With Control GX, you can use the shampoo a few times a week in a rotation with your normal shampoo to maintain that look after you’ve already achieved your desired level of greyness.
How Does Control GX Shampoo Work?
The Control GX Grey Reducing Shampoo calls itself a “category game-changer”. The team at Just For Men has reportedly been developing the shampoo for 8 years. After all that work, the team achieved two scientific patents.
So how does the fancy formula work? It works by mimicking the universal pigment held within a strand of hair. That universal pigment within your hair is what gives your hair its normal color. By targeting this universal pigment, Control GX is able to restore pigment to grey hairs with each use.
Another unique feature of Control GX is that the pigments are trapped inside layers of cleansing and conditioning molecules – “like a sandwich”, explains the press release.
Control GX effectively breaks apart the sandwich. Every time you massage the shampoo into your hair, that sandwich gets broken apart even further, which releases pigments into the hair.
Who Makes Just For Men?
Just For Men products are manufactured by Combe, Inc., which also makes Vagisil, Sea-Bond, Aqua Velva, and other body care products. Combe is a privately-held multinational company founded in 1949, and continues to be under family leadership to this day. Combe is headquartered in White Plains, New York.
Considering Using Just For Men Control GX Grey Reducing Shampoo?
Control GX Grey Reducing Shampoo is a brand new product created by Just For Men. Unlike conventional Just For Men products, you don’t need to comb it in or use it as a dye. Instead, you just replace your conventional shampoo with Control GX, and apply it like you would normally apply shampoo.
Most customer reviews we could find online were positive about Control GX, stating that it worked as advertised to dye their hair. In fact, most of the complaints weren’t about the effectiveness of the product – they were about the application.
Some people claim they started wearing rubber gloves to avoid dyeing their fingers, for example, while others explained they had stains all over their bathroom.
Ultimately, Control GX isn’t quite as convenient to use as a shampoo. However, if you’re looking for a way to gradually reduce the amount of grey in your hair over a few weeks – instead of overnight, then Control GX appears to work as advertised to dye your hair back to your natural color.
Greying hair is a major cause of concern for both men and women, however an often overlooked aspect of ‘greying’ is that most people assume that it is completely fine when it happens to men (as if they don't feel a thing when it happens).
This could not be farther from the truth as recent studies have shown that men feel equally discouraged on the appearance of white hair. However, with the recent advancements in hair based cosmetic products there are now many hair color options available which one can make use of.
Not only are a majority of these products made using natural extracts but they can be easily washed off or maintained for long durations depending upon the user's preference.
About the company
Just for Men is an all new range of men’s grooming products which promise to “get rid of one’s grey hair”. It has been fabricated using all scientifically derived compounds which target all of one’s gray hair and leaves all of the other hair unscathed.
This allows for great ease of use, as men don't have to sit and pick out each individual strand of white hair and deal with them.
Instead one can easily use the solution to cover general regions where they find greying to be more dominant.
Another key aspect of this hair enhancer is that it adds thickness and volume to our hair, through regular use many users have reported that their hair feels dense and sturdy even when they are outside in windy or rainy conditions.
How To Use Control GX Grey Reducing Shampoo?
The supplement comes with two solutions, the coloring agent and the thickness regulator. Both of these items have to be mixed in specific ratios depending upon the grey area that needs to be covered.
There are also special gloves provided for applying this potent mix onto one’s hair.
- The two solutions should be mixed in accordance with the prescribed dose.
- The supplied gloves should be worn and then a small portion of the solution should be taken and spread uniformly on one’s palms.
- It should then be applied gently and smoothly over the affected regions. The area should be massaged with the solution for a couple of minutes.
- Depending on the thickness of the user's hair, more solution should be applied if one feels not enough coloring agent has been delivered.
- After the product has been applied evenly through one’s hair, it should be left to rest for a little while so that it can seep in and penetrate through the hair follicles. This allows for stronger roots and longer lasting hair colour.
- Users then need to carefully rinse out all of the solution by gently showering their hair.
There are specialized options in terms of hair colours, users can either choose to opt for a ‘hair color’ or a ‘mustache/beard coloring supplement’.
Both products have been devised using potent ingredients which act synergistically in different ways.
(i) Mustache and Beard: this solution has been devised especially for facial hair, it provides added benefits like enhanced hair strength, improved silkiness and enhanced texture. Some of the key features of this supplement include:
- Fullness: the active agents in the mix have been clinically found to give one’s beard and mustache a more fuller and voluminous feel.
- Evenness: due to the presence of various natural extracts users can obtain a more uniform, even growing beard.
- Covers Greys: it covers any greys that might be present, it also eliminates scraggly look hair that might be affecting one’s appearance.
- Fast Acting: the solution seeps in fast and provides results in less that 5 minutes.
- Easy Application: the solution is ‘gel like’ and can be easily applied using a comb, all one needs to do is apply the gel and then comb that region gently so as to spread the solution through the area.
- Ammonia Free: it is free of any ammonia and has been found to penetrate rough facial hair easily.
- Many Colour Options: there are various colour options to choose from, these include light brown, medium brown, dark brown and real black.
(ii) Shampoo-In Hair Colour: this solution has been devised using clinically tested ingredients which are biocompatible and can be used regularly on human skin and hair. These coloring agents provide long lasting colour and the other components make one’s hair softer, firmer and more vital.
The key features and application directions of this supplement have been discussed in an aforementioned section.
Control GX Reviews
Control GX was only launched to the general public in February 2017, but early review copies went out to dozens of people. At the time of writing, Control GX had an average rating of 3.7 stars out of 5 on Amazon. Most reviews (92% of all reviews) were 3 stars or higher. Here are some of the pros and cons we learned about Control GX from those reviews:
• Most customers report that the shampoo works as advertised to gradually remove grey from their hair, subtly blending it over time until it reaches their desired shade
• Works on both men and women
• Easier and less messy than conventional dyes
• Starts working within 1-2 weeks
• If you leave the shampoo in your hair longer, then it will dye your hair more quickly (it’s recommended that you leave it in for 1 minute after washing)
• Comes with an allergy test you take before application to ensure you don’t react negatively (you place a spot on the inside of your arm to gauge your skin’s reaction over a 48 hour period)
• Make sure you hose down your shower after application, being careful not to leave any spots
• You need to apply it in the shower, and you cannot massage it in over a sink (it will splatter and leave permanent spots on your countertop and bathroom)
• You need to completely wash all of the shampoo out of your hair after you’re done, or else you’ll end up with some strands more darkly colored than others
• The application process is a bit more of an ordeal than ordinary shampoo
The customer based reviews regarding this product have been highly positive, there are many reviews that one can check out before making a purchase. Some satisfied customers include Joe H. who says that “It’s super fast and very easy to use. It’s the easiest thing that gets the biggest results and i couldn't be happier with it.”
Similarly, Darold S. says that “The fact that I can get salon quality results from ‘Just For Men Mustache and Beard’ is a great testimony of its potency.” Lastly, Robert S. says that he has been using this product for over five years now, and maintains that this is the best coloring agent that he has ever used.
He adds that the solution is easy to prepare and apply, and within half an hour he gets striking black hair which do not scream of product use.
However, the supplement has also received some criticism.
Some individuals like Abraham H. say that the solution itself works fine but sometimes upon purchase he has received wrong supplement quantities (i.e. received more colour base and less thickness regulator). James M. claims that the colour doesn't last more than 2 weeks for him.
Pricing & Availability
The easiest and most convenient means of making a purchase is by placing an order online at www.justformen.com/products.
All of the supplements have been neatly arranged and can be viewed by simply clicking on them. The Hair color is priced at $20.31 while the beard/mustache solution is available for $23.97. Payments can be made using various safe and secure means like PayPal, MasterCard and Visa.
Control GX Grey Reducing Shampoo Pricing
Control GX is now available nationwide. You can find it at Amazon, Walmart, and other major retailers. Here’s how pricing breaks down:
• Shampoo: $7.99
• 2-in-1 Shampoo & Conditioner: $9.99
Amazon currently has the shampoo listed for $7.26. Walmart has it listed on their online store at $10.98.
I use Grecian for my hair. How long do I need to stop before using your product?
when you do the test on your arm and it turns black is that OK ?? not sure what that means ??
I just don’t buy the science. If it really were “releasing pigments” then the shampoo itself would not stain your fingertips and shower. Only dye does that.
Hey Doug. You say you left the ControlX in your hair for 5-10 minutes? Ouch! The directions say one minute. They really do mean one minute.
my hair was 100% grey. Tried ControlGX on my hair for approximately 5 to 10 min….My grey hair now has a reddish tone. How do I fix this?
I agree with the terminology of what you say happens to the hair but not that it is caused by aging. It is a fact that when I was at school I was confused as to how many asian teenagers had streaks of grey hair as they reached the final year of term. They were under the age of twenty. It is also a fact that a severe attack of trauma ie) fright, can leave a person with an after effect of grey hair! I also used to think that grey hair was due to aging but I am in my mid 50’s and nearly all my friends of old have full grey hair whereas I only have about 30% and most of these hairs are not even visible but at the main root of my scalp. I have just bought Control GX but I wonder if I should bother using it?
This is so misconstrued, The reason hair goes “grey” is due to the color producing foicals stop producing pigment.When there are fewer pigment cells in a hair follicle, that strand of hair will no longer contain as much melanin and will become a more transparent color — like gray, silver, or white — as it grows. As people continue to get older, fewer pigment cells will be around to produce melanin.