The need for an air quality monitor cannot be overemphasized seeing that air pollution is overly unavoidable in the environment which we live in. The effects of air pollution cause more harm to our health than we can ever possibly imagine. Short term exposure to unclean air exposes individuals to the health dangers such as, allergies, asthma, headache, and fatigue, while long term exposure can lead to difficulty breathing, and reduced lung function. Therefore air monitors exist to help detect the presence of air pollution both indoor and outdoor.
The world's tiniest air quality monitor which is smart phone powered and fits in the palm of your hands has been created by a development team based in Seoul; the PiCO air quality monitor. This device tells you exactly what you are inhaling and what you can do to fix it.
What Is Pico?
PiCO has partnered with a worldwide service which specializes in monitoring air pollution and offering Air Quality Index, Breeze Meter. This allows for users to easily monitor their environment's air quality and weather conditions which have already been detected and gathered by climate stations, satellites and worldwide traffic control center.
Pico Air Quality Monitor Device Features
The PiCO air quality monitor comes with numerous, intensified quality features which meets and satisfies the every need of the user. Other notable features of the PiCO air monitoring device include;
• The PiCO is capable of detecting PM 10 and PM 2.5 fine dust, Volatile Organic Compounds and carbon dioxide concentrations.
• PiCO provides the current temperature and humidity in any area.
• PiCO has integrated in it a laser particle sensor which measures how light rays are scattered by particles in the air, a MEMS Metal – Oxide Gas sensor which picks up potentially harmful gases and a CMOSens® sensor.
• Very portable, and fits in the palm of your hand, the PiCO smart air quality monitoring device measures 48 X 48 X 18.5 mm and weighs 42g, enabling its use anywhere and everywhere you go.
• PiCO can connect with your smartphone using its smartphone application, thus analyzing the environment in which you are in and providing you general weather predictions using your smartphone's GPS location.
• PiCO is powered by your portable power bank or your smartphone.
• PiCO can be used independently to keep you updated on the air you breathe by simply attaching it to an external battery and linking it with any smart device which enables Bluetooth connectivity. It also interacts with other smart devices such as air conditioners, air purifiers and humidifiers, using Amazon Alexa and IFTTT (If This, Then That) web services enabling voice control of the device.
The PiCO air quality monitor gives quality updates on the air which you and your family breathe, thereby permitting healthy choices for your family and you. With its highly advanced technological features, PiCO monitors both outdoor and indoor air, by giving you instant updates on the air in your environment, that way you can keep you, your family, and your environment safe and neat respectively.