X-Jow Pain Gel (or simply “X-Jow” for short) is a topical pain reliever that uses the power of traditional Chinese herbal medicine. Here’s our X-Jow review.
What Is X-Jow Pain Gel?
X-Jow Pain Gel is a topical gel that comes in either 4-ounce or 8-ounce bottles. Each bottle contains a proprietary blend of herbs used in traditional Chinese medicine that have been used to help relieve pain and promote healing.
How X-Jow Pain Gel Works
X-Jow is billed as a “natural solution” for pain, specifically the kinds of aches and pains from sore and injured joints and muscles. The product differentiates itself from other topical pain relief gels, stating that the product has the ability to penetrate deep down in order to provide healing at the source of the injury.
In this way, X-Jow claims to deliver long-lasting relief without any harmful side effects. The product does this by claiming to maintain blood flow at the source of the problem.
This supposedly leads to long-term healing that can reduce swelling and inflammation while also strengthening bones and ligaments.
X-Jow Pain Gel Creators
X-Jow is a product of Herb-X, based in Burbank, California, and was founded by Dr. Aram Nalbandyan, a Doctor of Accupuncture and Oriental Medicine.
Dr. Nalbandyan attended the Emperor’s College of Oriental Medicine in Los Angeles, a prestigious graduate school of traditional Chinese medicine that is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine.
Dr. Nalbandyan, who is a State Board Certified and Licensed Acupuncturist and Herbalist for the state of California, combines traditional Chinese medicine with modern, Western medicine in his practice, and has developed his X-Jow formula over many years in conjunction with feedback from his many patients.
Ingredients in X-Jow Pain Gel
There is only one “active” ingredient in X-Jow, which is menthol for pain relief and cooling. This is because the additional ingredients used have only been recognized as effective in traditional Chinese medicine.
The number of these ingredients is truly staggering and far beyond the scope of this review to examine each in turn. For anyone interested in looking further into X-Jow’s ingredient list, here’s what’s inside each bottle:
- Acanthopa nax Senticosus Root Extract
- Amber Powder
- Angelica Archangelica Root Oil
- Carthamus Tinctorius Seed Oil
- Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil
- Cnidium Officinale Root Extract
- Commiphora Myrrha Resin
- Corydalis Titschaninovii Root Extract
- Curcuma Longa Root Extract
- Daemonorops Draco Extract
- Ethyl Alcohol
- Eucommia Ulmoides Leaf Extract
- Orchis Mascula Flower Extract
- Paeonia Officinalis Callus Extract
- Panax Notoginseng Root Extract
- Prunus Persica Kernel Oil
- Rheum Palmatum Root/Stalk Extract
As X-Jow uses a proprietary formula, there’s no way to know how much of each ingredient is in each bottle of the gel.
X-Jow Pain Gel Pricing
X-Jow is available in a 4-ounce bottle for $29.95 or an 8-ounce bottle for $59.95. There is also a 3-pack of 4-ounce bottles available for $79.99, a savings of around $10.
The product can be ordered directly from Herb-X. Shipping and taxes are not included in the purchase price. X-Jow is also available for order on Amazon for the same cost.
X-Jow Pain Gel Reviews
X-Jow has a small but dedicated group of users that have reviewed the product very favorably. Its Amazon entry has just 21 reviews, yet it has still garnered an impressive 4.3 out of 5 stars based on those reviews.
In fact, the vast majority of reviewers – 81% – gave X-Jow a perfect 5-star rating.
- Effective Pain Relief – Reviewers have responded in overwhelming numbers that X-Jow works as an effective pain relief gel. The gel itself has been described as light, not oily, and with a cooling sensation that is much more subtle and less intense as other products such as Icy-Hot. Almost everyone that’s used it or purchased it for someone else says it works, and it works well.
- High Price – A little may go a long way, but X-Jow is anything but a cheap product. Its effectiveness comes at a high price, and this could put it firmly outside of the budgets of many individuals. Is the cost justified? Many reviewers seem to feel that way.
X-Jow Pain Gel Summary
By all accounts, X-Jow seems to be a highly effective topical pain reliever. Herb-X’s proprietary formula looks to be a winner in terms of finding the right balance of Western and Eastern pain treatment methods, especially if the reviews can be believed.
The only downside to the product is its high price. However, if you suffer from chronic aches and pains, sometimes no price is too high if it means you get some relief. If you feel the same way, then you might benefit from trying X-Jow to see how well it works for yourself.