Go-Shake is a shaker cup that does something different from every other shaker cup on the market: it’s disposable. Find out everything you need to know about Go-Shake today in our review.
What is Go-Shake?
Go-Shake claims to be the world’s first disposable shaker cup. Have you ever taken a pre-workout, only to be annoyed when you have to carry the shaker cup in your gym bag the rest of the day? Then, you get home and you have to clean all the hardened, crusty powder from the edges of your shaker cup.
It’s annoying. That’s why the makers of Go-Shake came up with a better solution. Go-Shake looks like a standard disposable coffee cup or Starbuck cup. The main difference, of course, is that it comes with shaker technology inside.
As the makers of Go-Shake explain, their product is “the easiest way to consume your daily nutritional supplements without the hassle of cleaning”.
Another benefit of Go-Shake is that you don’t have to worry about losing it. If you’ve ever experienced the pain of leaving a good shaker cup at the gym, then you can appreciate Go-Shake.
The lid stays on securely even if you throw it in your bag. And, anti-clumping technology inside the cup keeps your supplement smooth and clump-free. Each Go-Shake cup is priced at around $1 per unit.
- Made and manufactured 100% in the United States
- Custom-engineered lid with a “Vol-Lock Grip” to ensure an extra-tight seal, letting you carry your shaker cup with you in a bag throughout the day without spilling
- Shaker Breaker technology, which is a plastic ring inside the cup to break up clumping in your formula
- There’s a clip inside the lid to secure the lid to the cup, so it stays fitted and secure
- Earth-friendly cup with a recyclable lid
- 24 oz
- Imperial and metric scales along the sides for proper portion control
Go-Shake is priced at the following rates:
- 30 Pack: $28.99 + $4 shipping
- 60 Pack: $56.99 + $5 shipping
- 150 Pack: $138.99 + $11 shipping
- 300 Pack: $263.99 + Free shipping
- 540 Pack: $452.99 + Free shipping
The prices listed above are from the official website. You can also purchase Go-Shake from Amazon, however, where it’s typically priced at a slightly higher rate. Amazon sells the shakers in packages of 15 ($14.99), 30 ($29.99), or 150 ($139.95).
Go-Shake Reviews: What Do Customers Have to Say About It?
Go-Shake has been reviewed by many bodybuilding blogs and fitness enthusiasts online.Stack3d.com, for example, published their review in 2015. That reviewer argued that the device isn’t ideal for those who workout multiple times per day, or even once a day, as the costs can quickly add up. However, it’s ideal for someone who wants to occasionally hit the gym before, during, or after work or school and doesn’t want to carry around a shaker cup.
Meanwhile on Amazon, Go-Shake has an average rating of 3.5 stars out of 5, although only 18 customer reviews have been published so far. Some of the pros and cons from those Amazon reviews include:
- Convenient and disposable
- “I love not having to clean a cup”
- You can write on the cups what different flavors are
- Lid is surprisingly sturdy, and never leaks of pops off
- Need to shake it hard to avoid lumps, and the Shaker Breaker isn’t as effective as
- Doesn’t blend supplements or formulas as effectively as a blender bottle
- “I could pack a paper cup and a spoon and, while not as cool looking, it would be just as effective”
Who Makes Go-Shake?
Go-Shake is made by a company that does business as Go-Shake International. That company is based in Knoxville, Tennessee.
You can contact the company by email at [email protected] or by phone at 865-246-1300. They also have an email form here, which you can use to contact the company for private labeling or partnership opportunities.
The makers of Go-Shake have a patriotic business policy. Their cups are made, manufactured, and assembled right here in the United States. They also provide free shipping to US Armed Forces.
Go-Shake International was founded in 2013. Their LinkedIn page lists two employees.
Should You Buy Go-Shake?
Go-Shake is a shaker bottle designed to solve some of the biggest problems of shaker bottles: like the fact that they’re easy to lose, and that you have to clean, wash, and carry them around all day. With Go-Shake, you have a product you can carry around with you throughout the day thanks to its locking lid, then dispose after you’ve finished your supplements.
Obviously, Go-Shake isn’t the most eco-friendly product: the company claims it’s “made every effort to create an environmentally friendly product”, but their website doesn’t go into much further detail. The material doesn’t claim to be biodegradable, for example, nor does it mention being made from recycled material (although they do claim the lid is recyclable).
It isn’t the cheapest or most environmentally-friendly way to consume your supplements, but Go-Shake is a convenient option for bodybuilders and gym-goers across America.