In this day and age of uncertainty we never know what tragedy might befall us. This can be especially true for elder citizens who live independently. There are many reported cases of people of advanced age slipping and not being able to communicate their condition with their close ones.
This has sometimes even resulted in fatalities, and thus to prevent such scenarios there are now many devices which can help keep track of our loved ones at all times.
What is Welbi?
According to the products official page, WELBI has been described as the world's first ‘remote no-contact health data monitor that provides families with peace of mind by wirelessly tracking vital signs’. I does not entail the use of any devices that need to be worn on our bodies for tracking, instead this wireless system is compact and be used without the need of any wires or other cumbersome attachments.
What Sets Welbi Apart?
Welbi uses technology that is currently being used by NASA for its JPL project. It uses a unique radar detection technology that serves a highly sophisticated platform which can help us obtain the following readings:
- Heart Rate: through the use of this JPL sensor, the product is able to accurately determine any fluctuations within our heart rate. This makes sure that we are constantly being monitored in terms of any discrepancies that might otherwise creep into our circulatory system.
- Respiratory Rate: Welbi keeps track of our respiratory rate so that we know at all times whether we are taking in the optimum amount of oxygen.
- Vitals: in addition to the above, the device is also able to measure other vital signs that might indicate any potential issue that our body might have to face.
How Does Welbi Work?
As mentioned previously, Welbi is a fully wireless system that keeps track of all our measurements via signals that are emitted to and from the sensors. The core unit essentially transmits radio waves to our body which are then relayed back with all of the vital data that the instrument needs.
This collected information is then processed and converted into tangible results that can then be viewed by the user on a computer or smartphone.
What Are the Advantages of This Smartphone Application?
- Real Time Data: users have the option to detect vital data in real time. This means that response time can be reduced severely in cases where immediate medical attention might be needed.
- Multiple Device Monitoring Capabilities: if synced to more than one Welbi unit, the device is able to monitor and track progress of multiple devices at the same time.
- Variable Inclusion: to factor in our body’s natural tendencies, the user can introduce variables which can then better record data so as to deliver accurate results.
- Receive Alerts: the device can receive alerts, signals from our loved ones instantly. This means that we can track their activities with a more hands on feel.
Other Information to Keep in Mind Regarding WELBI
(i) Range: according to the official kickstarter page ‘Welbi works within one room. In the future the company will be selling packages of multiple units to cover the major rooms in a house, but for now we there is one device for one room.
(ii) Compact: the central unit is quite compact and is the size of a smartphone. It can easily be stored within a cupboard or drawer and does not take up too much space in the room.
(iii) Efficient: owing to its cutting edge technology, the product works well at all times. There are no fluctuations which can cause poor readings or issues of that nature.
WELBI Pricing Options
Due to the product still being in its early kickstarter phase, there are many early bird options that one can avail of. They include:
(i) $45: this pledge amount can help users get one Welbi Shirt, Photo Frame and a thank you note from the company.
(ii) $199: this offer enables users to get a Welbi device for $100 less than its commercial value. It also provides users with a free t shirt and photo frame.
Similarly, there are other offers also available on the page. Thus, interested users may want to check them out. All deliveries are expected in June of 2018. Payments can be made using safe means like PayPal, Maestro and Visa.