Salonpas Pain Relief Patch, a topical pain relief patch that for light to moderate muscle, and joint pain for 8-12 hours. Find out how it works today in our review.
What is the Solanpas Pain Relief Patch?
Do you have muscle or joint pain that can last for hours? Are you on the go, and don’t have time to apply messy topical creams that can smell and stain your clothes? Then Solanpas Pain Relief Patches are just what you need.
The Solanpas Pain Relief Patch is topical pain relief patch that can be applied anywhere on your body or instant soothing of light to moderate joint and muscle pain, without a messy cream or ointment to apply.
Solanpas Pain Relief Patch, for light to moderate pain, is a 2 ¾” x 3 15/16” patch. It claims to be effective up to 12 hours of continuous relief, without the need to apply a cream that can rub off easily and can be used under clothes.
With this product one could apply a patch in the morning and work all day without having to reapply while the patch sticks firmly to your skin beneath your clothes. Sleeping while wearing this product is also possible without a risk of rubbing off.
Solanpas Pain Relief Patches are priced at around $10.99 for a box of 5 single-use patches.
How Do Solanpas Pain relief patches Work?
Using the Salonpas Pain Relief Patch is straightforward and easy. First cleans and dry the area where you wish to place the patch. Then, simply remove the protective backing film from the patch and stick it firmly to the skin around the area of joint or muscle pain.
A single patch can last for up to 12 hours of continuous use, but the patch can come off if it becomes wet from sweat or other moisture.
The Solanpas Pain Relief Patch, like traditional topical creams, uses a menthol-based medication that can have a numbing and cooling effect on the immediate area of application. Unlike these traditional creams, the medication is contained in a small patch.
The Solanpas Pain Relief Patch is great for anybody who is experiencing muscle or joint pain in their shoulders, back, neck, knees, or anywhere really. It can also provides relief for sprains and strains as well as arthritis, and bruised areas.
Salonpas Pain Relief Patch Ingredients
Salonpas Pain Relief Patch Active Ingredients:
- Menthol 3%…..Topical analgesic
- Methyl salicylate 10% (NSAID*)…..Topical analgesic
- *nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug
- Salonpas Pain Relief Patch Inactive Ingredients:
- Alicyclic saturated hydrocarbon resin
- Backing cloth
- Mineral oil
- polyisobutylene 1,200,000
- Styrene-isoprene-styrene block copolymer
- Synthetic aluminum silicate.
For external use only
Stomach bleeding warning
This product contains an NSAID, which may cause stomach bleeding. The chance is small but higher if you:
- Are age 60 or older.
- Have had stomach ulcers or bleeding problems.
- Take a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drug.
- Take other drugs containing an NSAID (aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, or others).
- Have 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product.
- Take more or for a longer time than directed.
Do not use
- On the face or rashes.
- On wounds or damaged skin.
- If allergic to aspirin or other NSAIDs.
- With a heating pad.
- When sweating (such as from exercise or heat).
- Any patch from a pouch that has been open for 14 or more days.
- Right before or after heart surgery.
Ask a doctor before use if
- You are allergic to topical products.
- The stomach bleeding warning applies to you.
- You have high blood pressure, heart disease, or kidney disease.
- You are taking a diuretic.
When using this product
- Wash hands after applying or removing patch. Avoid contact with eyes. If eye contact occurs, rinse thoroughly with water.
- The risk of heart attack or stroke may increase if you use more than directed or for longer than directed
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- You feel faint, vomit blood, or have bloody or black stools. These are signs of stomach bleeding.
- Rash, itching or skin irritation develops:
- Condition worsens.
- Symptoms last for more than 3 days.
- Symptoms clear up and occur again within a few days.
- Stomach pain or upset gets worse or lasts.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a doctor before use during the first 6 months of pregnancy. Do not use during the last 3 months of pregnancy because it may cause problems in the unborn child or complications during delivery.
Keep out of reach of children. If put in mouth, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Package not child resistant.
Salonpas Pain Relief Patch Pricing
Salonpas Pain Relief Patches are prices at around $10.99 in most stores.
Where to find Salonpas Pain Relief Patches?
Salonpas Pain Relief Patches can be found at most major drugstores, such as, CVS, Walgreens, RiteAid, and Walmart. Or, online at Drugstore.com, for example
What do Customers Have to Say About Salonpas Pain Relief Patches?
-“I have received a sample of your comfort stretch patch and after using this product, I find that it is most effective if used while resting and not while active. The pain relief is apparent and quick. I will purchase this item in the future.”
-“I really like the idea of a pain patch, but in the past have found the actual application to be lacking. This one, however, does work the best of any pain patch I have tried. It has helped with bruises, strained muscles, and even sprains (although don't expect magic!).
The main problem, of course, is that it cannot go everywhere.
“These little roll-ons have long been something I've used… Even since my weight lifting days. It helps with inflammation and sore muscles, even arthritis and sore or aching joints. Just roll on the area that hurts and you will get almost instant relief. Try it for yourself.”
-“I purchased the patches for back aches and etc. I left on while at work, and I now have burns on my leg and back, and it itches like crazy. Not saying it would do this to everyone, but clearly I can't use them. I have had the patches off for over a week, and the redness and itching is a total match to the size of the patch. Going to have to go to a Dr, to see what to do.”
- Can be used under clothes or while sleeping
- Easy to apply and remove
- Does not have a strong odor as other menthol based pain relief products
- Will fall off if it becomes moist
- Can cause irritation to sensitive skin areas
- Rare but possible stomach bleeding
Overall, the reviews for Salonpas Pain Relief Patches are generally quite good, if you’re just looking for a topical pain relief solution. However, if you have sensitive skin or leave the product on too long it can cause irritation or burns to the application area. Additionally, the side effects are extremely rare but can be severe.
Salonpas Pain Relief Patch Review Summary
Salonpas Pain Relief patches are by far much more convenient to use that other topical ointments. Furthermore, if you have joint or muscle pain, there is no easier or faster way to get much needed relief. If you don’t have overly sensitive skin or don’t intend to wear the product while sweating or in wet environments, then this is the product may work for you.