About Frizz Ease
Frizz Ease is a line a hair products designed to eliminate frizzy hair. Other than frizz, these products can also help people who suffer from dry or damaged hair. It is claimed that these products are suitable for all hair types (curly, wavy, or straight) and hair colors (blonde, brunette, black, red, color treated hair, etc.). There are products specifically made for each of these types.
Frizz Eliminating Products
Frizz Ease offers buyers four types of frizz eliminating serums design based on the needs of the buyer’s hair type.
- Original Six Effects Serum
- Extra Strength Six Effects Serum
- Expert Finish Polishing Serum
- Miraculous Recovery Serum
All of these products come in a 1.69 fluid oz. (50 mL) container. The pricing for the products depend on the retailing platform they are being sold on. They are often found in the listings of the following stores: Target, Bed Bath & Beyond, Rite Aid, Walmart, Overstock.com, and Harmon Face Value.
How to Use Frizz Ease Products
Frizz Ease recommends users to apply the serums to soaking wet hair. A dime sized amount of the serum can be poured into the palm (users with thick hair should apply a larger amount. It should be applied and evenly distributed throughout the hair (Frizz Ease suggests avoid applying directly onto the root of the hair). The serums should not be rinsed out after applying; it should be treated like a leave in conditioner. After applying the serum, the hair can be styled as desired.
They do not mention how many times a day, week or month one should apply the serum to hair. One could assume it depends on the needs of the user. Frizz Ease does suggest for users not to use more than one serum at a time because it can cause the hair to become greasy.
Frizz Ease does not provide detailed information on how these products can eliminate frizz. The main ingredients for all of the serums include the following:
- Ethylhexl methoxycinnamate
- Mineral oil
- Hydrolyzed silk
- Fragrance (doesn’t specify what kin)
- After reading the ingredients list and looking up basic information, it turns out that the ingredients don’t have any supporting evidence to support the claims of the product. Cyclopentasiloxane and Ethylhexl methoxycinnamate are common ingredient used in hair conditioners, which basically works as a water soluble silicone. Dimethiconol and mineral oil do not work well with certain hair textures. Hydrolyzed silk does not provide any anti-frizz benefits, and fragrance most likely used to give the product a pleasant smelling scent.
Conclusion – Will Frizz Ease Products Eliminate Frizz?
Based on the listed ingredients for the serums, Frizz Ease products most likely not eliminate frizzy hair. For these reasons, these products are not recommended.