WalkTop is a standing desk treadmill attachment. Have you ever wanted to exercise while you work? WalkTop may be the product you’ve been waiting for. Here’s our review.
What is WalkTop Treadmill Desk?
WalkTop is a treadmill accessory that fits most treadmills. The product comes fully assembled: all you need to do is spend a few minutes attaching it to your treadmill. Once it’s attached, it functions as a standing desk. You have a desk environment on your treadmill, and you can walk while you work.
Have you ever wanted to buy a standing desk or treadmill desk – but you already own a treadmill? WalkTop Treadmill Desk may be the right choice for you. The product can be found online at WalkTop.com at a price of around $460. Free shipping is available on orders to the United States and Canada.
Obviously, there’s been a big health trends towards standing desks over the last few years. Sitting is the new smoking, and people around the world are concerned about the health effects of an office job where you spend long hours sitting in your chair. Today, many people use standing desks, but a growing number are using treadmill desks, which allow you to walk at a slow pace, burn calories, and be productive at the same time.
- Light and compact
- Fully adjustable
- Comes fully assembled
- Attaches to most popular treadmills on the market
- Can be installed by one person within minutes, regardless of your skill level with tools
- Adjusts to individual height requirements for maximum comfort and ergonomics
- Locks in place to give you a stable, flat work surface
- Can be inclined for reading
- Clear surface gives you an unobstructed view of the treadmill controls below
- Sleek and modern design
- You can use it as a normal standing desk just by stopping the treadmill
- Easy to remove from the treadmill, and is compact enough for easy storage
- Holds up to 20 pounds of weight, so it won’t have trouble holding even the heaviest textbooks, laptops, or workstations
WalkTop Tech Specs
- Dimensions: 451mm x 1071mm x 113mm (17.76” x 42.17” x 4.45”)
- Weight: 11.31kg (24.9 Pounds)
WalkTop Reviews: What Do Customers Have to Say?
WalkTop is generally well-reviewed online. Many standing desk review blogs posted reviews about the accessory back in 2016. The product is also listed on Amazon, where it has an average rating of 4.2 stars out of 5. The vast majority (86%) of reviews are 5 stars (50%) or 4 stars (36%).
On BigDaddyKreativ.ca, the WalkTop became “BDK Approved”, claiming that the accessory “would definitely make a long day at a desk less monotonous, and allow for better blood circulation.”
Meanwhile, on DigitalJournal.com, the reviewer “found that walking and doing work isn’t as hard as it sounds”, and claims he was “already working up a light sweat” 20 minutes into working. He did, however, claim that it’s not something you would use for an entire 8 hour workday – but instead, something you should try to use for one quarter or one half of your workday.
Here are some of the pros and cons we read from Amazon reviewers:
- Height adjustment works for most heights
- Glass and aluminum gives the accessory a nice modern look
- Competitive price, especially compared to some treadmill desks or standing desks that costs thousands of dollars (although obviously, you still need to buy a treadmill)
- An easy way to add exercise into your workday, or to get a workout while messing around on the computer, playing games, or even doing non-computer desk work
- Customers who had to deal with customer service generally had a good experience with Fitneff’s customer service team
- Free shipping is a nice touch, since the product weighs about 30 pounds in the box
- Very well-made, and has good workmanship
- Some short people claim the dimensions didn’t work as well for them (one reviewer was 5’2” and said her arms were at a slightly uncomfortable angle while standing)
- You can’t run while using the treadmill (to be fair, I don’t know anyone who runs while using a standing desk, or even walks at more than 3mph)
WalkTop Treadmill Desk Pricing
WalkTop is available to order online today through WalkTop.com, where you’ll find it priced at $459.99 CAD, or $439 USD if you’re visiting the website from the United States.
That price includes free shipping in the continental United States and Canada. Shipping takes 5 to 7 business days.
Who Makes WalkTop?
WalkTop is made by a company called Fitneff. The founder of that company claims to have got the idea for WalkTop in a pub, when he and his MBA colleagues were talking about the benefits of a treadmill desk:
“One evening Ron was telling Laurel and Devon about how he had made a desk that attaches to his treadmill. With boards clamped to a “barely used” treadmill he had created a way to “walk through the MBA”! From this idea, the WalkTop was born!”, explains the story on the WalkTop.com official site.
Ron’s inspiration for building the treadmill desk accessory came from more than just a desire for physical activity: in 2011, Ron had an ATV accident where he broke his neck and arms. Ron faced a long road to recovery. Eventually, Ron decided to pursue his executive MBA, where he teamed up with Laurel and Devon to create the WalkTop.
The first WalkTop prototype debuted at the Health and Fitness show in Las Vegas in September 2014. By January 2015, the product was ready to launch. Within a year, the company had sold its products in almost every state in America and most provinces in Canada.
Today, the company claims to be “dedicated to creating active solutions for productive lives, making it easier to add daily activity into your busy schedule”.
You can contact the company by email at [email protected] or by phone at 1-888-632-3220.
Should You Buy the WalkTop Treadmill Desk?
The WalkTop is a popular treadmill accessory that attaches to the top of your treadmill’s handlebars, letting you add a desk to a treadmill you already own. The device was made by a Canadian company and launched in 2015. Today, it’s sold across the United States and Canada.
You already know the benefits of a standing desk and treadmill desk: you can slowly walk while working normally. If you’re curious about the benefits of a treadmill desk, and you already own a treadmill, then WalkTop could be a lifechanging device. It’s very well-reviewed online, with most customers agreeing that it works as advertised to provide a high-quality, sturdy desk environment that fits onto any treadmill and adjusts to virtually any height.
You can buy the WalkTop today from Amazon or from the official WalkTop.com website.