RyChol is a dietary supplement designed to help those people with or at risk for high cholesterol. The product is available on the company website.
What is RyChol?
Americans take vitamins and supplements. Recent studies show that 50% of us all take on average one to two vitamins or supplements every day. They can help with weight loss, bone health, mood control, muscle building, prenatal care, and the list goes on. They are available everywhere we look – on line, in department stores, drugstores, and grocery stores.
With all these supplements to wade through, is it any wonder we are confused about what to take? Additionally, supplements are not reviewed or regulated by the FDA, which can make it even harder to know what to take. The answer? Know what you are taking them for, then do your research on the ingredients listed on the labels.
RyChol is a supplement introduced by Medical Nutritional Institute. It is a supplement intended to help those with high blood cholesterol levels or increased risk for cardio-vascular disease. Research has shown that the plant-derived ingredients in this formula help to stabilize blood cholesterol levels by targeting biological pathways.
Who may benefit from taking RyChol? Individuals with high cholesterol, risks for heart disease or stroke may benefit from this supplement. It can be used in conjunction with a combination of statins. As with any new supplement, please consult your doctor before adding it to your daily regimen.
How Does RyChol Work?
RyChol works with its blend of plant-derived (phytochemical) ingredients. Each one has been recognized as an aid in reducing blood cholesterol levels. Together, these ingredients selectively block various biochemical pathways involved in the digestion of saturated fat, absorption of cholesterol and excretion of cholesterol.
The ingredients are as follows:
- Plant sterols (Phyto sterols): A naturally-occurring plant fat that is structurally similar to cholesterol. Present in all vegetable food sources, and oils and nuts, they compete with cholesterol absorption in the intestines.
- Apple polyphenols: This ingredient can fine-tune pathological processes that deal with the development of certain degenerative disease states. They have been shown to block the digestion of saturated fat in the digestive tract, which helps reduce the absorption of fat by the body.
- Barberry root extract: This extract contains berberine, a botanical chemical, that occurs naturally in roots, stems and barks of plants such as Chinese goldthread, barberry and goldenseal. It has been used in Ayurvedic and Chinese medicine for years. It has demonstrated an ability to lower cholesterol levels by increasing the way it clears through the liver.
- Coenzyme Q10: This fat-soluble, anti-oxidant is found in meat, fish and dairy, along with a smaller amount in grains, nuts and some plants. It is found in the body where it plays a key role in ATP production, the body’s basic energy unit. It may also help to lower cholesterol.
To obtain the maximum benefits from taking your Medical Nutritional Institute supplement, you must first know your cholesterol levels. Though levels and recommended dosages are posted, PLEASE consult your physician before taking this supplement. The manufacturer states these guidelines for helping to stabilize high cholesterol levels:
- Normal levels (or for people with high cholesterol level risk or risk for heart disease): Take 1 – 2 tablets 2 times per day with meals
- Above 4.9: Take 2 tablets per day with meals
- Above 5.9: Take 3 tablets per day with meals
- Above 6.9: Take 4 tablets per day with meals
Pricing for Medical Nutritional Institute RyChol
To purchase your RyChol, go to the company website at http://mnilifestyle.co.za/product/rychol/ where you can purchase a box for $13.55. (The quick conversion shows that the R181.95 price on the website equals $13.55 in American dollars.)
Contacting Customer Service for Medical Nutritional Institute RyChol
To reach the Medical Nutritional Institute regarding your RyChol purchase, contact them by phone at 011-465-8697 or by email at [email protected]
RyChol by Medical Nutritional Institute is a supplement designed to help those individuals with high cholesterol levels or at risk for cardio-vascular disease. It states it is compatible with statins prescribed by your doctor. As with any supplement, please consult with your doctor before adding it to your daily regimen.