Nizoral A-D Anti-Dandruff Shampoo Review
Dandruff is not only annoying because of all flaking, but it can also cause itchiness, discomfort, and irritation throughout the day. Sometimes, regular remedies like anti-dandruff shampoo and at-home treatments just don’t work fast enough or well enough to eliminate the condition.
The reason that regular remedies may not be working is that your dandruff is caused by an underlying skin condition, excessively irritated skin, or sensitivity to the haircare product that are supposed to actually help you.
The alternative solution is to try a powerful anti-dandruff product like Nizoral A-D Ketoconazole. Here is everything that you need to know about the solution before you buy it:
What is Nizoral AD Ketoconazole?
Nizoral A-D is an effective anti-dandruff shampoo that treats not only the underlying condition behind your dandruff if related to the main causes of dandruff, but it also eliminate dry scalp, which is known to contribute to dandruff.
Unlike most anti-dandruff shampoos on the market, this one is specifically formulated to give you over-the-counter strength that is similar to the medications that are prescribed by medical professionals. Here though, you don’t need to worry about having to take out a prescription. The product is available over-the-counter and is just as good as many treatments that your doctor will prescribe and best of all, it is much cheaper.
The Ideal Candidate
When it comes to Nizoral, not everyone is the ideal candidate for the product. That is to say, there are a few people who should not be using this product and may want to look for alternative solutions. If you meet any of the following criteria, then do not take Nizoral:
- You are pregnant or are planning on becoming pregnant
- You are breastfeeding
- You are taking other prescription medication or herbal supplement that may not be compatible with this product
- You have blood disease
- You have liver problems
- You have abused alcohol in the past
Also, if you are taking other medications, then you should ask your doctor if they are compatible with Nizoral. There are some medications on the market that are not compatible and that may interact with the shampoo, causing adverse side effects.
If you do not fall into any of the above categories, then you can safely take Nizoral without concerns. On the other hand, if you still are worried, then you can also verify use with your medical professional.
Using Nizoral A-D
- Start by moistening your scalp with water – it is best to do this while you are in the shower. After you apply enough of the shampoo to your hair, lather it the product into your scalp. Then, let the product sit on your scalp for at least five minute.
- Thoroughly rinse the shampoo off your scalp
- Repeat the above method for 3 to 4 days and up to 8 weeks
- Avoid missing dosages of the product to prevent setbacks in healing time
- Refrain from double dosing on the product – it is imperative that you follow instructions exactly as given on the bottle
- If you miss a dose, take it at your earliest convenience, although avoid waiting too long
As you can tell, using Nizoral is extremely easy and your scalp should completely heal in about 8 weeks, as long as you use the product correctly and consecutively.
The Active Ingredient
The active ingredient in Nizoral is an anti-fungal substance called Ketoconazole. This substance makes up 1% of the solution and even with such a small dosage, the shampoo is extremely effective. With this solution, the hair follicles on your head are completely cleansed and the natural oil balance is restored, thereby reducing irritation and eliminating dandruff. Also, a lot of times dandruff can result from the accumulation of dead skin cells. The benefit of this shampoo is that it also removes the dead skin cells so that your hair follicles can breathe easy.
The Advantages of the Product
There are more things to love about Nizoral than most other products on the market. When it comes to this product, a few of the advantages include:
- Nizoral is as close as you’ll get to a prescription medication that treats dandruff
- The formula is extremely powerful and more often than not, users experience results
- The product is highly recommended by medical professionals because it targets and treats the source of the problem
- The product can easily be incorporated into your regular hair routine
- A majority of users love the product, so much so that there was once a manufacturing shortage because of high demand
The good news is that now – there is enough of the product to go around because manufacturers realized that they have to keep up with the high demand.
The Cost of the Nizoral AD and Purchase Information
If you are interested in the product, then you can purchase it online at the brand’s website or at other online retailers. Many pharmacies and health food stores also offer the product, thereby making it very easy to attain. The current cost of the product is a bit pricy, but still less than prescription medications. The product costs $15 for a 7 ounce bottle. Sometimes the product does go on sale, which may be beneficial to you if you are looking for a good deal.
Nizoral AD Summary
Overall, if you are looking for an effective, easy to use, and simple anti-dandruff product that usually gets at the underlying condition, then Nizoral is the right option for you. The product is loved by users and is one of the best products on the market. Those who have the product also note that it is fairly priced compared to other options, especially those that come with a prescription.