The Huawei Fit is a new fitness tracker created by Chinese electronics manufacturer Huawei. Find out everything you need to know about the brand new fitness tracker today in our review.
What is the Huawei Fit?
The Huawei Fit is a new fitness tracker released in November 2016 by Huawei. The fitness tracker has the aesthetics of a smartwatch combined with the functionality of a fitness tracker. It comes with helpful features like continuous heart rate tracking, step tracking, sleep tracking, and more.
It’s also priced towards the mid-range end of the market, available from most major electronics retailers for around $130.
Like other Huawei wearables, the Huawei Fit syncs with Huawei’s Wear app for either Android or iOS. There isn’t a dedicated Huawei Fit app.
The Huawei Fit actually has a number of features built into the fitness tracker itself, including running training guidance for 5K, 10K, half marathons, and full marathons. Users also enjoy features like incoming calls and messages.
Let’s take a look at some of the features and tech specs you’ll find on the Huawei Fit.
Huawei Fit Features
- Battery lasts for 6 days of normal use, or up to 30 days in standby
- Fully charging the Huawei Fit takes less than 2 hours
- Automatic fitness tracking that knows when you’re walking, running, or sleeping
- Able to measure step counts, calories burned, distance, and duration of sleep
- Syncs with Huawei Wear app (there’s no Huawei Fit app)
- Available in silver or gray finish with orange, black, or blue stripes
- Round face
- Always-on, monochrome touchscreen
- Continuous heart rate monitoring
- 5ATM water resistance
- Personal running coach
- Gentle vibration alarm that can wake you without disturbing others
- Can display messages from your favorite messaging apps
- Automatically tells you to move if you’ve been sitting for too long
Ultimately, the Huawei Fit’s features are like a combination between a smart watch and fitness tracker. It’s able to display messages and notifications from certain apps on your phone while also tracking your fitness and activity.
Huawei Fit Tech Specs
The Huawei Fit comes with all of the following tech specs:
- Dimensions: 39.4 x 39.4 x 11.2 mm (1.55 x 1.55 x 0.44 inches)
- Weight: 35g
- Build Material: Aluminum
- Protection: Waterproof to 50m, IP68 certified
- Display: 1.04 inch, 208×208 resolution display (283ppi pixel density)
- Memory: 16MB internal, 256KB RAM
- Notifications and Alerts: Vibration, MP3, WAV ringtones
- Connectivity: Bluetooth v4.2 LE
- Messaging: SMS, email, and IM
- Battery: Non-removable lithium ion 80 mAh battery (lasts for 6 days of normal use)
- Colors: Titanium Gray, Moonlight Silver, Orange
Huawei Fit Reviews: What Are People Saying?
The Huawei Fit was released at the start of November. Reviews are already starting to trickle in. Here are some of the pros and cons people have had to say about the fitness tracker so far:
- Strong battery life
- Lightweight and comfortable to wear
- Good at tracking daily activities
- Continuous heart rate tracking is a plus
- Can display notifications from your phone
- Waterproof and can safely be worn in the shower or while swimming
- Dull display
- Touchscreen can be difficult to use while working out
- No GPS or location tracking
- No social features on the Huawei app
I don’t know about you, but I don’t care about having social features on my fitness tracking app. Some people – like the folks at CNET – took points away from the Huawei Fit in their review for the lack of social features (CNET gave it an editors’ rating of 3 stars out of 5, by the way).
Overall, most of the Huawei Fit reviews seem to echo the same sentiment: it’s not a bad fitness tracker, but it has too many competitors in the same price range that offer better functionality and better build quality. Some reviewers claimed that the Huawei Fit also felt cheaper than other fitness trackers at this price range.
Huawei Fit Pricing
Huawei Fit is available online and in-store from several major retailers, including Best Buy, Amazon, and Newegg. You can also purchase it from Huawei’s own website.
Regardless of where you purchase, the Huawei Fit is priced at $129.99 USD.
Huawei Fit Review Summary
The Huawei Fit is a capable fitness tracker that comes with nifty features like notification support, waterproof protection, and continuous heart rate monitoring. Priced at $130, it’s a reasonably-priced fitness tracker that will help you track and monitor your healthy lifestyle.
The only real downside to the Huawei Fit is that it has plenty of competition at this price range. Other wearables for around the same price offer GPS connectivity and a better build quality, for example.
That being said, the Huawei Fit is still in the early phases of release. So far, the only reviews posted online are from tech blogs. You might want to wait to see what the average customer has to say about the Huawei Fit before you make a decision.
After all, paying $130 for a waterproof fitness tracker doesn’t seem unreasonable.