2 Litres a Day, Keeps the Doctor Away?
A person can live around a month without food but only a week without water. 75% of the human brain is water.
Tired and fatigued? Dry skin? Dry mouth? Headache?
These are all signs of dehydration. Our bodies thrive from water and seeing as most of our bodies and made up of water, it makes sense that we’d start to suffer if we were ever lacking it. Our cells, organs and body tissue need water to work correctly. Your lungs alone are nearly 90% water! Water is a carrier for essential nutrients to cells. Water removes waste products including toxins that the organs' reject, and removes them through urine and feces.
Some people can find water bland and boring to the taste, but there are ways that it can be made more exciting to ensure we are getting our daily dose of H2O. It is recommended that we consume 2 litres of water a day for a healthy body. Flavouring water can make it so much more appealing to drink and enjoy, but it can sometimes just be a difficult task to find the best flavours that are good for us too!
H2Rose takes on the challenge and is an all-natural drink made of rose water, saffron and other natural and organic ingredients.
What is Rose Water?
Rose water is a flavoured water made by soaking rose petals in water. The scent of rose water is beautiful offers a range of therapeutic benefits. The aroma of roses is said to be a powerful mood enhancer.
Drinking rose water purifies the body thanks to all the vitamins that it contains. Rose water contains vitamins A, C, D, E and B3. It also aids with the relief of nervous tensions and soothes the mind. Thanks to its de-stressing qualities, rose water is also known to help with a better quality sleep.
It has also been used for centuries in cuisine and in skin care as the ultimate fountain of youth. In ancient Egypt, Cleopatra, who was considered the most beautiful women, was one of the biggest fans of the healing and beautifying qualities of the rosewater. If that’s not an incentive to get rose water into your body, I don’t know what is!
How is Rose Water Made?
Rose perfumes are made from rose oil, which a mixture of essential oils which are obtained by steam-distilling the crushed petals of roses. Rose water is a by-product of this process.
Saffron is a spice derived from the flower of ‘Crocus sativus.’ Saffron eases digestion, soothes irritated stomachs, enhances your mood and reduces occasional anxiety and compulsive desires to eat.
Egyptian healers used saffron as a treatment for all varieties of stomach and intestine illnesses. The ancient Greeks and Romans prized saffron as a perfume or deodorise. Persians used saffron as a brilliant yellow dye, perfume, and a medicine.
Other features Saffron has also been known to have is that it:
- Promotes learning and memory retention: Recent studies have also demonstrated that saffron extract, is useful in the treatment of age related mental impairment.
- Protects against cancer: Saffron contains crocin, which is responsible for much of saffron's golden colour. Crocin has been found to cancer cell death in cancers such as leukaemia and ovarian carcinoma.
Rose water and Saffron together make a great blend for a delicious flavoured water.
As well as a rose water and saffron base, H2Rose also have a variety of flavours to their water.
H2rOse Flavours & Ingredients
Mango, wild berry, apple and peach are all on offer. All of the flavours contain the same ingredients, except a different form of concentrated juice to give it that little kick of its individual flavour.
Other ingredients include:
- Purified Water – Purified water is water that has been purified to remove any chemicals or contaminants
- Evaporated Cane Sugar – Evaporated cane sugar is a purer, more nutritious form of cane sugar. Evaporated cane sugar offers a host of essential nutrients and minerals such as magnesium, phosphorus, calcium, potassium and iron
- Rose Water – Rose water is a flavoured water made by steeping rose petals in water.
- Natural Flavours
- Malic Acid
- Saffron Powder
Not only does it have a great taste, with flavours that are good for you all round but it also appeals to a wide variety of people being that it is suitable for vegans, its Kosher, does not contain any genetically modified organisms and that it is only 60 calories for anyone trying to watch their weight!
The great thing is, as well as enjoying a bottle of H2Rose by itself, you can also use it to create great flavoured, healthy smoothies and great snacks and desserts.
A recipe for a Tropical Sunrise Smoothie:
- H2rOse Mango
- Place the strawberries, orange, dates and the cup of H2rOse Mango in a blender and process until smooth
A recipe for H2rOse Apple Pie Nice-Cream:
- 3 frozen bananas
- 1/4 cup of H2rOse Apple
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- A couple of dashes of cinnamon
- Blend the bananas together with H2rOse Apple, almond milk and a couple of dashes of cinnamon