DMSO Cream Review
DMSO Cream is a growing beauty trend. Most people, however, don’t know what DMSO cream is or how to use it. Learn everything you need to know about DMSO cream today in our DMSO Cream review!
What is DMSO cream?
DMSO stands for Dimethylsulfoxide. It’s a simple chemical made from wood pulp and is a byproduct of the lumber industry.
When used medically, DMSO is a prescription medication that can be taken by mouth or used intravenously. In most cases, however, it’s applied topically (on the skin) in the form of DMSO cream. When applied to the skin, it gently penetrates the outer layer, which is where the beneficial effects come from.
When you look at DMSO, you’ll see it has a somewhat oily, liquid look to it. It resembles mineral oil. It also has a slightly garlicky odor.
DMSO cream can be used to reduce pain and speed up the body’s natural healing processes – like when treating burns, wounds, and muscle injuries. Many people also use DMSO cream to topically treat arthritis and similar conditions.
It’s also been used for various industrial applications: before its medical uses were discovered in the 1960s, it was widely used as a chemical solvent.
Today, you can buy DMSO cream from retailers like Amazon. The most popular DMSO cream comes in a four ounce container and costs around $20. It contains 99.9% pure DMSO, although only 70% of the cream itself is pure DMSO. The remaining 30% is aloe vera.
Benefits of DMSO cream
DMSO cream can be used to treat a wide range of ailments and conditions, including:
— Arthrosis (joint disease)
— Muscular Pain
— Interstitial Cystitis (inflammation of the bladder wall)
— Tissue Necrosis (typically occurs during chemotherapy)
— Repair Connective Tissue
In general, DMSO creams can be used to treat muscle and joint problems and general body soreness.
Interestingly enough, DMSO cream is used for more than just health problems: it’s also used to preserve organs in preparation for transplant and as a chemical solvent.
DMSO Cream Not Fully Approved in the United States
Many of those who use DMSO need to purchase the drug from outside the United States. They go to Mexico to receive DMSO treatments, for example.
That’s because the FDA and DMSO have a complicated relationship – despite the fact that it’s been widely studied. A quick search on PubMed.gov reveals over 11,000 scholarly articles on its medical and clinical uses. It’s also widely available in over 125 countries around the world, where it’s used to treat inflammation, arthritis, bursitis, and other bodily ailments.
For whatever reason, the United States Food and Drug Administration has never agreed that DMSO is a useful drug: the FDA has only approved DMSO for two official uses:
— As a preservative for organs prior to transplant
— As a treatment for interstitial cystitis, a bladder disease that inflames the bladder wall
That’s why DMSO cream can be difficult to find on store shelves.
The FDA argues that DMSO cream isn’t actually effective on its own: instead, its effectiveness comes from the fact that small molecules penetrate the skin, carrying other ingredients directly into your bloodstream.
That’s why the most popular DMSO cream contains 30% aloe vera: DMSO simply enhances the bioavailability of the aloe vera, carrying it into the most important layers of our skin and muscles.
Who Should Use DMSO?
Talk to your doctor before using DMSO. When you apply DMSO to your skin, it actually penetrates the skin and enters the membranes. This can irritate the skin and cause adverse side effects.
If you live in the United States, then DMSO may or may not be available in your state. You can sometimes order DMSO cream on Amazon, although it’s not always available for purchase because the FDA doesn’t legally allow it to be sold in the United States.
With all that in mind, DMSO is enjoyed around the world as one of the most effective cures for arthritis, muscle problems, and general body soreness. Thousands of people around the world swear by the effectiveness of DMSO cream – even after trying dozens of other pain-relief solutions.