Almond Pro is a lineup of almond-based protein powder that contains less fat and more natural ingredients than traditional protein powder. Here’s our review.
What Is Almond Pro?
Almond Pro, found online at AlmondPro.com, is an alternative to whey protein powder. The alternative protein powder market has been exploding with growth in recent years – including everything from vegan-friendly protein powder to grasshopper protein powder.
Almond Pro represents yet another alternative protein powder on the market. Made from almonds, Almond Pro promises all of the same benefits as conventional protein powder – but with additional benefits like reduced fat content.
Almond Pro makes two lineups of almond-based products: a protein power and a protein flour. The protein powder can be used just like a conventional protein powder, while the flour can be used to make baked goods.
Both products are made from ground-up almonds that have been mixed with other ingredients.
Benefits Of Almond Pro Protein Powder
Should you switch to almond protein powder? Here are some of the benefits Almond Pro mentions:
- 65% Less Fat: You would consume 30g of fat if you used traditional almonds to match the amount of protein found in one scoop of Almond Pro. Almond Pro has extracted the high protein content of almonds while minimizing the fat content.
- No GMOs and Certified Organic: Almond Pro uses no genetically modified ingredients in its protein powder, and all its almonds are certified organic.
- High Protein: Each scoop of Almond Pro contains about 19g of protein, which is comparable to an average scoop of whey protein and other protein compounds.
- No Gluten: Proteins in wheat are called gluten. Almond Pro is gluten-free, because all of the protein comes from almonds.
- 100% Natural Ingredients: Almond Pro claims to use no natural ingredients in its protein powders, including no artificial flavors, colors, sweeteners, or fillers.
- Dairy Free: Some people cannot eat dairy products – like whey protein. Others don’t want to eat dairy. In any case, Almond Pro’s protein powder is dairy free.
Almond Pro Products
Almond Pro sells two core products, including a high protein almond flour and a standard almond protein powder.
Almond Pro Protein Powder ($39.99 for a 1.5 Pound Container)
Almond Pro is best-known for its protein powder, which is available from the online store at around $40 for a 1.5 pound container. You can also save money by ordering 2 cases ($77.99) or 6 cases ($227.99) at a time.
Almond Pro’s Protein Powder contains 19g of protein in each serving. The powder is dairy-free and high in fiber. Each 2 scoop serving (12 servings per container) contains 19g of protein, 7g of sugar, 8g of fat, and 205 calories.
Almond Pro claims to use 100% natural ingredients. Here’s what their ingredient list looks like:
Almond protein flour, Clean Cream (made from high oleic sunflower oil, gum acacia, brown rice syrup, sunflower lecithin, silicon dioxide, and D alpha tocopherols), evaporated cane juice, natural flavors, sea salt, cellulose gum, guar gum, xanthan gum, stevia, and monk fruit.
Other stated benefits of Almond Pro’s protein powder include the fact that it’s vegan-friendly, contains 14 vitamins and minerals, and is free from dairy, lactose, and soy.
Almond Pro High Protein Almond Flour ($18.99 per 1 Pound Bag)
Priced at around $19 for a one pound bag or $71.99 for a 4 pack, Almond Pro High Protein Almond Flour lets you easily improve the protein content of your baked goods. Each serving contains 14g of protein (16 servings in each 1 pound bag).
To create the flour, Almond Pro has naturally reduced the fat content of powdered almonds. they recommend using the flour in everything from smoothies to baked goods.
Almond Pro Reviews: What Do Customers Have To Say About Almond Pro?
Almond Pro’s flour and protein supplements are sold on Amazon, where they’re generally well-reviewed. All Almond Pro products we could find on Amazon have an average rating between 4 and 5 stars.
Some of the pros and cons we found after reading through dozens of real customer reviews include:
- Amazing taste (“best tasting vegan protein powder in the market” exclaims one reviewer)
- Low in carbs and sodium
- Easy to incorporate into the base of your choice
- Flour can be used to make waffles, cakes, and other baked goods
- Slightly more grainy than other protein powders (the texture is similar to what you’d expect from ground-up almonds)
- The consistency of the flour can make it hard to use in conventional baking recipes
- The flour isn’t as finely ground as other almond flours on the market
Almond Pro Review Summary
Almond Pro offers two core almond products, including protein powder and flour. Both products are generally well-reviewed online, with average ratings of 4 stars out of 5 and higher. However, some customers complain about the consistency of both the flour and the protein powder, as it’s not as finely ground as other products on the market.
The cost is also significantly higher than other protein powders – although it’s similar to the price of other vegan proteins. You’re paying $40 for a container with 12 servings (1.5 pounds).
That being said, many people really appreciate Almond Pro’s products online, praising their flavor and macronutrient profile. The protein is particularly well-reviewed compared to the flour, with many customers enjoying the fact that the powder tastes great with any base – including almond milk, water, dairy milk, and other products.
If you don’t mind the high price tag or the gritty texture, then Almond Pro’s lineup of protein powder and protein flour may be the right choice for you.