Before we get into discussing the details of the device, it is beneficial to learn about the issue at hand. From a global perspective, raised ‘blood pressure levels’ have been estimated to cause 7.5 million deaths per annum (works out to about 12.8% of all deaths). On an average, there are over 47 million people today who have to take active precautions and medication to keep their problem under control.
From a biological standpoint, raised blood pressure is a major source of risk for ‘coronary heart diseases’, hemorrhagic strokes and reduced physical output. In study after study conducted since the 1970’s, a direct correlation has been established between the maintenance of healthy BP levels and optimum heart function.
Also, statistical data has pointed to the fact that in certain age groups ‘the risk of cardiovascular disease doubles for each increment of 20/10 mmHg of blood pressure’. In addition to coronary heart diseases and stroke, complications that arise due to unregulated BP levels can also lead to heart failure, arterial damage, reduced circulatory efficacy, visual impairment, retinal damage Globally, the prevalence of this condition in individuals over the age 25 was found to be 40%.
In recent years, with the advancements made in the field of science and nutrition, there are now many devices using which we can easily keep track of our health and BP levels. Thus, between the years of 1980 and 2010, there has been a massive drop in unhealthy blood pressure levels throughout the world.
However, since the global population is still on the rise, the ‘ number of people with uncontrolled hypertension rose from 600 million to 1 billion’.
About Omron Evolv Wireless Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor
As the name clearly alludes to, Omron Evolv is an all new ‘wireless BP measurement system’ that is not only portable, but also lightweight and easy to use. This innovative ‘upper arm one-piece blood pressure monitor’ is based upon a ‘state of the art’ technological design that uses an ‘exclusive heart health algorithm’ to obtain highly precise measurements.
To be a bit more technical, the Omron Evolv Wireless Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor captures and stores more data points (than regular BP monitors) and eliminates interference from movement. This reduces any chance of getting poor readings.
- Widely used and recommended: Omron is pretty much a household name in the United States. A wide array of doctors and pharmacists have recommended its use, and the brand has been at the forefront of health measurement devices for over 40 years now.
- Design: the entire shape and structure of Evolv has been conceived to allow users to perform hassle free measurements. As mentioned earlier, its Innovative one-piece design takes clinically-accurate readings and is free of any long wires and attachments which may be difficult to navigate/ operate.
- Portable: due to its sleek build design, this compact tool can be used to take measurements and readings, anywhere and at anytime of the day
- Advanced AI: Evolv comes loaded with simple, intuitive controls that have been specially designed to allow users with a ‘no-hassle set up’. Due to its ease of use, it can be utilised repeatedly within a short span of time without any drop in performance.
- Wireless Support: the device connects to the ‘Omron Connect App’ through seamless bluetooth connectivity . This allows users to monitor their BP trends and share their readings with their family or healthcare provider. Evolv can even be used without a smartphone.
- Works for everyone: except for infants, the BP monitor features standard cuff links that can be attached to the upper arms of any individual quite snugly and easily.
Omron Evolv Wireless Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor Reviews
There are over 10 customer submitted reviews available online. All of them have been highly positive, and on an average the device received a rating of 4.8/5 stars. Satisfied customers include Jacques K. who says ‘Purchased mid-January 2017. Very easy to pair, can take several readings without the iPhone and synchronize when convenient. Can be used by several persons as long as it's synchronized each time by different user. Size is 4.25″ x 3.75″ x 5″. High quality product.’
Similarly, Kay F. says ‘My husband, who has exponential white coat syndrome when it comes to blood pressure, finds this model helps enormously in allaying fears. He does not hear it speed up to create an alarm if the reading is going to be high.
It is easy for him to get on. (His left forearm was wounded in Vietnam and the white coat syndrome dates back to that time.)’ Lastly, Carolyn M says ‘I had been waiting for this unit to arrive in February.
I bought it 2 1/2 weeks ago and it is simply wonderful. Paired it to my Samsung Galaxy in less than 2 minutes and I have used it everyday and my readings are automatically transferred to my smartphone. I have tried several other units. This one has suited me the best’.
Omron Evolv Wireless Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor Pricing and Availability
Omron Evolv Wireless Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor can be purchased directly from Omron’s official webpage or through amazon. Each unit is priced at $99.00 and can be paid for using a host of safe transactional means including PayPal, MasterCard and Visa.