When babies or toddlers get sick with stuffy noses, there isn’t much a parent can do to relieve the symptoms. However, using an aspirator often helps to clear nasal passageways, allowing children to breathe easily again. The NeilMed Naspira Nasal-Oral Aspirator has a lifetime warranty, is sterilizable, and is safe for use on babies and toddlers.
Why Choose NeilMed Naspira Nasal‑Oral Aspirator?
The unique design of the NeilMed Naspira Nasal‑Oral Aspirator ensures quality, safety, and efficiency. The parent-tested, parent-approved system features a two-in-one design, enabled the device to be used either as an aspirator or a nasal-oral suction device. Parents can use the gentle force of suction generated by the mouth, similar to sucking through a straw.
The NeilMed Naspira allows nasal mucus to be quickly and easily removed through the creations of a negative airflow of five to ten liters or more per minute, plus longer duration of suction, rather than using a normal bulb aspirator, in which suction duration is less than half a second.
The makers of NeilMed Naspira Nasal-Oral Aspirator included in-line disposable filters, which protect the parent from coming in contact with their child’s mucus. The one-way valve also prevents large volumes of air from the parent’s mouth from accidentally blowing into the baby’s nose and preventing the air from pushing the mucus back down into the nasal cavity.
How To Use NeilMed Naspira Nasal‑Oral Aspirator
NeilMed Naspira Nasal‑Oral Aspirator is safe and easy to use when following the proper directions for use.
- Hold the baby upright and securely, ensuring that the child is comfortable.
- Place the tip of the bulb into a nostril and suck very gently through the attached mouthpiece. Begin with extreme care. Suction force can be increased if necessary.
- If the mucus is extremely thick, a pre-treatment with a few drops of saline solution or spray may be necessary to help loosen it. Mucus from the baby should come out easily and transfer to the tip of the aspirator. If it is excessive, it may begin to fill the bulbous area during suctioning.
- Repeat as necessary and in the other nostril.
- Clean and disinfect the product following use.
- Change the filter as instruction: if it is soiled, after a particularly bad infection, or every week during use.
NeilMed Naspira Nasal‑Oral Aspirator Features
The NeilMed Naspira Nasal Oral Aspirator has a transparent design to ensure that the collection of mucus is effective. It includes seven in-line disposable filters to reduce contamination risk and the components pull apart easily to make cleaning simple. While it is dishwasher safe, except for the disposable filters, the manufacturer warns that hand washing will more effectively clean the small inside components of the product. The water jets in dishwashers cannot adequately clean the narrow passages in the Naspira Aspirator.
Safety features of the NeilMed Naspira Aspirator include the following:
- The tip, made of high-grade silicone, is extremely soft and flexible.
- One-way valve prevents air from entering the child’s nose.
- Disposable filters prevent mucus from entering parent’s mouth.
- Transparent design allows for easy inspection to ensure properly cleaning and prevention of mold growth.
- Complete sterilization instructions are included to prevent contamination from spreading.
- The perfectly-sized tip is designed to be unable to enter the baby’s nasal cavities and cause injury.
The NeilMed Naspira Nasal-Oral Aspirator comes with a lifetime guarantee. Currently, the manufacturer is offering free Naspira Drops samples to individuals who purchase the product.